Thema 16V turbo S2 adapting 4wd

smokeme

Thema 16V turbo S2 adapting 4wd

Unread post by smokeme »

This will be a long term project. Does anyone know if it's possible to adapt a 4x4 tranny to the thema from another car, i was thinking of the intergrle or the Q4.

Any help appreciated, thanks in advance.
Philip

Re: Thema 16V turbo S2 adapting 4wd

Unread post by Philip »

the Thema was built on a more or less common platform with Alfa for the 164 which was offered as a 4WD I think...however, Alfa at the time was independent of Fiat/Lancia so the underside of the 4WD version would very likely be diffrent on the Thema...

these are totally off the cuff remarks.

good luck! and greetings from Geneva

Philip
smokeme

Unread post by smokeme »

I know the Delta drivetrain has been adapted on to a Punto GT and the same with the Coupe drivetrain so I think it should be possible. I knew of a project in the UK where they were adapting a Q4 tranny on the Thema but progress stopped when the Q4 was bough because of it's rarity!! never heard of it again
Simon

Unread post by Simon »

Smokeme,

check the post by Markus on this forum, dated 21.3.03, under the heading 6v SW discusses this subject.

Simon
England
smokeme

Unread post by smokeme »

I already did and found the info to be almost useless since his ideia won´t work. My only problem is having to fit an adapter plate to mate the Q4 tranny to the TC engine. I´ve checked with Lancia and they agree that the Q4 is the most appropriate tranny to use and it requires the smallest adaptations.

thank you for all the help
Marco Lancia

Unread post by Marco Lancia »

lancia integrale system is the same of Alfa 155 Q4... i think that with time you can adatp this or a integrale one
smokeme

Unread post by smokeme »

I'm researching the option, so far there are a few problems but they can be overcome. The biggest was the fuel tank but that can simply be replaced with one from the alfa, the exhaust also needs to be moved since it now uses the center tunnel to pass through.
sascha834

Unread post by sascha834 »

the only person i know is markus from germany near magdeburg. he has dropt a 164 Q4 engine and the 4WD in a thema. thats great: 232 PS at 4 wheels :-)

greetz from germany, sascha834

Return to “51 Thema”