SA Lancia owners ?

Nic

SA Lancia owners ?

Unread post by Nic »

Are there any South African owners reading this forum? I am in love with my 1992 Thema 2.0 16v Turbo but sadly everywhere I go to get it running, they tell me to get rid of it! I eventually got a Domingo management system to get it running (No one knows how to put the original sytem back together, although all the parts needed seems to be there). My car has been in and out of shops for 20 months. Since the latter (9 months) my wheels were stolen the engine is on the floor needing a crank, bearings and turbo. The owner of the shop is full of excuses! To think I actually drove it there only to have it tuned in! If there is anybody who knows these cars and can help me or someone prepared to buy it off me in SA I would greatly appreciate it. I also bought a copy of the workshop manual (a bit too late) but I don't know about the availability of these parts if I should decide to fetch my car from this guy.
Morné Joubert

Re: SA Lancia owners ?

Unread post by Morné Joubert »

Hi there!

Any luck with your Thema yet? Hope you didn't sell it! I recently bought myself a bargain at R12 500! Only had to replace the valves as the cambelt broke resulting a hole in Nr. 4 piston! Going like hell! I would really suggest joining the Lancia Club SA. There are plenty of experts on any model that would be more than happy to help you with spares and information! Let me know of your progress!

Morné Joubert
South Africa

Return to “51 Thema”