GAMMA IN THE PRESS

Gamma WW Registry
fulvia a.i.

GAMMA IN THE PRESS

Unread post by fulvia a.i. »

[size=medium]when I visit by Air the UK I don't drive, once I am there. Lucky Me !
In recent years I have been happily passengered about in a Ren Van, Vux Carl, big Jag, a giant Caddy (Slush Puppie UK Fun-Car) & at least 8 different oh-so-pretty Lancia Gamma.

When I do drive/ferry/drive to & in the UK I follow the direction of the cars/trucks in front of me for a period of time; especially happy to do so in traffic-circles (roundabouts) & tricky intersections.
After some days 'on the road'; driving on the left becomes less-scary. Still, I prefer to ride in the left seat of someones elses car, although there are no peddles to step-on nor wheels to steer.

The Oct Edition of the glossy UK Magazine "AUTO Italia"; EngPnd 4,35 please; my my - $9,99 in USA, arrived, courtesy of Gamma Ian P., pre-wrapped in white tissue-paper sheets, gently inserted with care inside a hand-spun white-cotton-bag; further protected against damage by full-jacket extra-heavy cardboard sheets & finally sealed in a bubble-pack envelope ....wow...was I impressed with this heavy parcel ! even before I got to the Magazine !!

Thanks Ian.

Oh yes, it arrived in SW Germany several days ago; after being enroute for a dogs-age or longer. I was convinced it had "gone-missing".

Why so much trouble to send 1 Magazine you ask ??

AHA !!!

It is the 4 GAMMA EDITION Collectors Edition !!

To be proteced in a Safe with other Gamma (& Fulvia) Stuffffffff..... of Value unestimatable.....

Lucky me; for I have been priviledged to have beeen driven around Wales & UK Sud in 3 of these 4 Precious-Works of Automotive Art. The 4th, the Silver Cpe, I have not yet seen, but if I wish to see it (actually, a Slvr Cpe rather quite similar); I'd have to go downstairs to the Garages & lower the ramp it lives on. I actually drove it this week; it is now sitting in front of the Office, in the (oh no) cold !!

The generally flattering, totally-honest AUTO Italia Gamma article, written by a Simon Parks, waxes enthusiasm of the Gamma Drivers, the Gamma Consortium which support them (& me) and about the many fine-points of the Gamma Experience. Simon managed to cram "last Real-Lancia" & - in the same line - "the Car the Rest of the WorId tries to forget". He touches on the well-known "early Gamma" weak-points; gently !

Ialso read every other article in the Oct Edition as well; which are all excellent; photos are top, mix of topics & authors assure that reading this Mag will never be boring.

CRUISING RIGHT ALONG ....

I believe that Sergio Pompetti actually wrote the "An Italian in America" story about a trip that he actually himself did actualy take ( & not about a trip he took while sitting in his office in Italy; ( a little jaunt in a Maserati Gran Torismo.
An absolutely excellent historical educational trip-report...for Yanks, for Brits & for everyone who enjoys a good-read !
Even a Biological Aside on Leaf-Colors !! Amazing !!

Very few words about the GT itself .. including its not such great fuel-mileage ... for the photos shot in & of Historical-Places say enough about this DreaminBlue .... as everyone's ooohs & aaahs will verify. Mine too !!!!!

Blue Maserati under the Brooklyn Bridge, 100meter from my (dear departed) Grandmother's Hotel; 200meter from the Fish-Market...my old neighborhood stomping-grounds, even showing - across the River - across the Bridge ... on the Brooklyn side - the Building that my Mom now lives in now. Perhaps 500m from where she (& her kids) grew up ! [/size].

Oh Well, I guess I'll fax off my subscription next week; for in the next Days I am off to Bavaria, Austria (the dreaded Brenner Pass), Italy & the reverse thereof....not in a Gamma, not in a Maserati.........alas !

Lucky Me . I do Not Drive On This Trip; Others Will Drive & I Will Look Out the Windows Or Sleep or Both !
fulvia a.i.

Re: GAMMA IN THE PRESS

not to forget the "shot-in-HH" foto & compare-test of Benz vs Gamma now in NL Autobild's Youngtimer Magazine; soon to be published in DE as well.
fulvia a.i.

Re: GAMMA IN THE PRESS

The DE Article has been printed in Edition 4 - 2012 ... not much new..ho humm

Return to “53 Gamma”