GAMMA IN LEATHER

Gamma WW Registry
fulvia a.i.

GAMMA IN LEATHER

Unread post by fulvia a.i. »

in the beginning:
S1 Gamma Cpe Interior: WOW !!!" What Great Color Contrasts! How Pop-Arty Modern !
A Masterpiece in GT Cockpit Design !! PF's best !! So many "icey-cool-details".
The 4 roomy velour-covered Sports-Seats could be ordered in many incredibly bright colors...
Says ME: the S1 has the best Gamma Interior, with a Steering Wheel that coud win Design-Prizes.
An interior to make its owner happy & for relaxed cruising, in almost utter silence !

followed by:
rare S1.5 Gamma Cpe Interior: WOW !!!" What Great Color Contrasts! How Pop-Arty Modern !
A Masterpiece in GT Cockpit Design !! PF's 2d best !! So many "icey-cool-details" ; 90% having been retained from S1. Changed were the 2 front Sports Seats, for cushier velour covered seats...that not could be ordered in any bright colors...for a more serious, luxurious Cockpit. The dark-blue almost-black velour-covers have little red L's; which looks expensive & fantastic; the dark-blue almost-black velour covers with grey L's are 'more serious'. No more bright colors but still a Steering Wheel that coud win a Design-Prize.

& finally:
S2 Gamma Cpe Interior - no color contrast any more, less 'cool-details', door panels in rich velour to match rich velour seats. No more bright colors nor Designer-Steering-Wheels !! A sucessful attempt to upgrade the Cockpit via the Sobriety-School of Mature-Design. Not Bad ! OK ! However ???????? it ain't me !!!

I've been priviledged to ride in Gamma with all 3 Interiors; they are all comfortable & look "rich"...however, says me, the Pop-Art excitment was lost on the S2; perhaps to the delight of "more mature buyer"

Why is this important ? It isn't really, unless you like or own, or want to own a Gamma Cpe !

Well, there is long story involving a # of different Gamma Cpe, a # different Gamma-Persons doing different, but somewhat similar things, at different times, in different countries, all involving doing different things to Gamma Cpe Cockpits. Does that make sense = do you follow ? If, not...jusr´t read on. If you do, you are one of those persons

When all of the above Gamma things were all occuring I did not own a Gamma; so none of the monies spent then, lots of monies spent then, was mine :)

Still, now...several light-yrs on...I have inherited a Custom-Made Gamma S2 Interior of "everything" in dark Blue Poltrana Frau Leather (steering wheel excepted) & I mean everything ! This 'everything Cockpit' was 'arranged-for' to install in my Silver S1.

However I will retain the color-contrast "icey-cool-details" & not go for the "everything look". I thank Rene von Gamma in Bern for this (almost) gift & Medical-Supply-Transporter turned Gamma Interior Delivery Van Driver Daniel of Aarau for the transport across the border;)

PS: Gamma S2 in Silver that once had the Blue Leather Interior has reverted to its original Blue-Velour with Lancia L's Interior, at its new-owners, its 2d owner, request. This Velour S2 Cockpit was carefully stored since the mid 1980's & is still like brand-new. I have only seen photos of this Gamma & its original interior !

Out of my Silver S1 w/ dark Blue-Rugs will come the not-really-suitable color-wise f & r red-brown leather-seats; to be mounted in my Gold S1 Coupe with brown rugs; which will lose its Velour-Brown Seats to a large storage carton, until someone tell me that they need them ! The large carton will sit next to the other large carton with a perfect burlapy-beige velour S2 interior from another story & another Gamma.

I will also box up the door panels in dark-blue leather that I will not install in my Silver S1 along with the Blue Seats.
I want to keep that wonderful S1 popartcooldetailcontrastlook B)

In the upcoming days the Silver Gamma will receive a new (used) wiring harness (there was some small fire- damage some months ago) & new, used but good, suspension...all pieces donated by Gamma Marius John of Cornwall; so that the Silver Gamma will have less of a "clapped-out 1975 Cadillacy-marshmellow suspension" & once again have a Gamma GT like suspension ... allowing rear seat passengers to ride along without the muffler dragging on the pavement.

I am so happy that I have Gamma friends with items that they no longer need, but I do !! ::o

I have resisted any thought or desire to look at what must be a wonderful Gamma S2 Cpe in Luzern (listed on ebay.de) & have not even thought about asking Rene or Dan to look at it for me (or for themselves)...I'd say that they have other things to do than play with yet another Gamma in their free-time :)

Rene just sent his S2 white Gamma Cpe to Japan (it has blue velour), but still has a Gamma !
Dan likes his red RX8 zoom zoom RoRo-Mazda (I like it too!!!); especially its red-piped - black-leather made-in- Japan-Interior ........................................ha ha ha...it will not be swapped for any other Interior (we hope) !!
fulvia a.i.

NEW GAMMA COLOR GAME = DESIGN UR GAMMA YURSELFL

Unread post by fulvia a.i. »

OH WHAT FUN !!!

GAMMA ERIC OF NL HAS CREATED A 'COLOR-YOUR-OWN-GAMMA-GAME' TODAY ON LANCIAGAMMAFORUM.COM

anyone (who reads this) can play this game !!! If you own a Gamma or do not own a Gamma !!
rossocorsa

Re: NEW GAMMA COLOR GAME = DESIGN UR GAMMA YURSELFL

Unread post by rossocorsa »

For me only the early bright colour seats look absolutely right so very 70s yet somehow done in good taste
gamma a.i.

Re: GAMMA IN LEATHER

Unread post by gamma a.i. »

well, the Gamma Resto- Project -the 1 I said I'd never do - has started!!!

My "bought for parts Gamma Cpe S2" is such a solid car (thanks to Allianz Frankfurts Eddy R. - who drove it as his "Allianz Directors Car" (& then privately) for 25+ years) that Michael B. of Speyer took it off my hands; in parts & pieces....last week: in spite of missing parts (now on/in other Gamma Cpe !!!

.... the missing parts ? .... well, he has a "shop-full-of them" since he has hoarded Gamma & bits of Gamma for years, hoping to find the right 1 to restore. Now he has it !

In partial-exchange for the Gamma he is doing various odds&socks work on my FSZ, to make it more driveable & comfortable ... which is a good deal for everyone involved

In any case, what is left over for the entire project are:
dark-blue Poltrana Frau leather front door panels / rear seat side panels- for anyone who might want them.........I had them in my Sliver Cpe...along with the blue lthr seats...but the 'overall effect was too somber; thus I reinstalled the b&w panels to brighten things up !!

Price of Panels: $ or € 00.oo - not including shipping / condition - aha perfect !

Return to “53 Gamma”