another Gamma Meeting

Gamma WW Registry
gamma a.i.

another Gamma Meeting

Unread post by gamma a.i. »

Hello Gammisti Galora

be sure to check LanciaGammaForum.com for details about upcoming UK Gam Meeting 17-19 Sep in a very interesting hotel in a very interesting town in a very interesting country.

I will be "winging-over" a big pond to get there...it is a bit far to drive without taking a lot of unplanned / undeserved Holiday...

I will be " winging-back" to Continent as well; since its a bit too far to swim too :)
fulvia a.i.

Re: another Gamma Meeting

Unread post by fulvia a.i. »

no, this is not about the small quickly extingusihed with the help of other motorists Gamma engine-bay fire that causes some minor danage which will be rectafied in the next days ; cause - fuel pressure regulator rupture; although, yes, that was a bit of trouble. A big thanks to kind persons who all moved very fast..
It occurred locally & the Gamma was towed with a towing-strap back to its corner in the warehouse without more trouble.

yes, this is about an upcoming Gamma meeting...
no, it will not be a repeat of MMII 2010; which was great fun & no trouble for those who arrived from 4 corners of the globe in the right places on the right days smoking smiley; which was not everyone. Although even those the rest of us never got to see reported having great fun & no trouble, alone !

No, no, no...at the upcoming Meet all will arrive on time in the right places on the right days, including me.

part of the double trouble of MM II in Stuttgart was my receiving many many numerous always well-wrtitten warm personal friendly humourous messages from Bart - for example:
on a Monday - saying the he would arrive in his Gamma; with a Fulvia expert as a special-guest.
on a Wednsday - saying that he would arrive in his Fulvia, accompanied by a friend with a 911.
on a Friday - 2 messages stating that progress on preperation was proceeding well & departure was planned for midnight; to arrive at hotel ca 10 hrs later; followed minutes later by a message stating..."I am already in Stuttgart; I drove by Hotel & didn't see any Lancia yet,,, by tomorrow that will change".

Huhh?? I thought !
Bart has really had fun writing confusing & contradictory messages...for so many months ....until it became clear that there were 2 Barts coming to MMII, bothj from Benelux, both accompanied by friends; each Bart working off of a different time plan & not actually planning (as it turned out) on being in the same places within the city of Stuttgart at the same time.

Ummm...this became highly apparent at the Hotel; where no Fulvia nor 911 appeared !!!

I write this "double the trouble/double the fun" message to both Benelux both very tall & both Lancia driving Barts & to all else who wish to join what seems will be a vry xctng Gamma Meet, in far off (for many) Wales in Sep...read Events on Gamma Forum. I will attend.

In order to not go to the wrong Wales on the wrong day, I will join a convoy outside London, 1 day earlier & follow the lead Gamma; whose driver will properly drive on the left side of the rode, I am sure !! smiling smileysmiling smiley
gamma a.i.

Re: the Best Ever Meeting of Meetings

Unread post by gamma a.i. »

ref subject above: I willn't go into too many praises of Wales Gamma (+ 1 Trevi) Meet...you can read lanciagammaforum.com for details & fotos.

I will say... I've never been to Wales before, nor've I ever toured England in a comfy car. I've rushed through on assignments & tasks...as part-of-me-J O B-; but wouldn't consider those previous trips a 'Holiday'.

This particular Meet was so packed with culture, history (not always happy) sights smells sounds Gamma (of course) & folks who drive them, food prepared by experts just for us....no standard-fare nor fast-food ... proper-tea with milk please, sweets & cakes (may I have 1 more of whatever it was that I just had, please;), Country Estates, Mountains, mid-size & teeny-size ancient villages, real live ghosts, lakes, valleys, Hill Climbs & fast descents, Quarries, Murders, Stables, Horses, Sheep, Happy Attendees, Wonderful Hosts...incl. tour over under down & through 1 of Wales Oldest Manor-Homes & Grounds .... by Sally, the Lady of the House...
plus invasions, wars, repulsions of invaders, more wars . . . all stepping back to time before most of us (ha ha) were born (ca 1333 I believe) and so so so on..

that it was...for me...110% worth the long haul (50km to Baden Airpark; short flite to UKK) 10x over....not only did I get to ride in 4 different Gamma, 2 drop-dear beautiful Cpe & 2 Ber...1 going for a major resto this month & 1 that must#ve just left the show room y'rday, but also I didn't have to drive (at all) with a wide rhd vehicle on the left (phew...sweat sweat) on public-motor-carriage-roads designed by & for saber-tooth tigers.

Never & not nor ever taking 1 thing away from any other Lancia Meet I have been to, in any Lancia, in any Country.............but this meet was the wedding cake with the cherry on top of Lancia Meets...in fact I will have to look at the jammed with great things/places to do/go schedule to recall them all.

Yes, the beer was good too::o

Return to “53 Gamma”