Gamma Fulvia Posting - of sorts

Gamma WW Registry
gamma a.i.

Gamma Fulvia Posting - of sorts

Unread post by gamma a.i. »

life in the fulvia / gamma lane

Laz Nite meself & 3 loverly Dancers (D) participated in a Sport-Dance Event 90 miles 'way from Home.
I, designated driver, pre-warned all in-advance that "cost to ride in a 36 year old Italo GT was a Song": 1 song per person, full rendition thereof, language regardless. & to push..if the Lanc quit runni; which it never has in 12 yr sthat it has been ours !

D1 asked/said - while pretzelin into back seat was: "don't any of our cars have 4 drs; besides Punto...that I'm afraid to ride in (this from an owner of a 20 yr old Reno Sneaker-Sized Twingo!)... I really hate our lil 2door Lanc with pop-open back-windows that mess up my flying-hair...I'm afraid of our Fiat 'cause it its so small & shifts by itself... I'll walk b4 I getina Fulvia again...unless its rainin....besides that...I don't like sittin on floor lookin at a dash- board & seein nothin outa a Fulvia windshield!" ....spoken without takin a single breath

D2 & 3 said; HA; we like that real low-slung baby-fulvia, its slow(when J drives it) but makes us feel like we are goin fast, 2mm off autobahn pavement; but not so much fun for any Dancer sittin sideways in rear; so be happy that we took a bigger Lanc tonight.

We all sorta laffed; as the ? (that I knew would come) came from 2 & 3: "J, how come Andie (D1) got to ride in 'our' Fulvia without us" ?
I (phew) had a truthful-reply pre-prepared & was not hit by anyone! Reply was "it was the only car with enough fuel in its tank to get to where we were goin & return home on a Friday...when fuel prices are at their weekly highest...& besides, it was only the 2 of us that night...as everyone already knew that we were dancin alone; so it weren't a secret & it wasnt our fault that U2 had to work that night"

D2 axed - after also gracefully slinkin-over a gamma C 'fold-forward front seat": can U see anythin in front of us?; I can't since Im sittin so low in back & cause it is rainin C&D's (acts & dogs) & maybe cause Im shorter than anyone else in this car" D3, sat in front said; "what a nice smell; what is it? I replied - perfumly coco aroma leather-food on leather seats; seats now covered by over-sized white-towels so no 1's Jeans get Leather-Food Creamy

D3 also asked "wheres the CD player?; every car has 1, don't they? ...Ive never owned a car (a lie) ...so I really don't know? I brought an "Austrian Cowgirls" Yodeling American Country Songs CD; for "my song" will yodel & sing along with them". *D3 yodeled- on her own- & sang in a strange Austrian-Dialect of English (or was it Chinese?) 3 songs...me, D1 & D2 had tears in our eyes....it was so beautiful & so is she (D3) !!

My replies were; "yes, I will see the highway - when we reach it by transversin old-town alleys barely wide enough for a Fiat 500 to squeeze thru, but I don't currently nor will later not see anything very well - caus' old Lanc headlights are not very bright; but I know the wider-roads we are taking - so don't worry; windshield wipers & heater work fine & yes,no - my (our) other cars (except Fiat*) all have 2 drs; this GT has no CD player, nor airbags, abs, central lock & more is less...but there are 4 seats with seatbelts, 2 very slow workin electric windows that appreciate a little assistance in gettin up&down & sometimes slip down 1 notch during flight & a Poltraone Frau -exclusive to this car- leather interior. I didn't mention: flat 4 alu-engine; great brakes, fantastic handling; built by Pf etc...not wanting to put them to sleep...besides they already knew everything...aftert ridin in the car to all over everywheer many time befo !.

D2 asked for 'assistance' on "Puff the Magic-Dragon", which D1 sang as well; D 3 never heard it before (she said!); we - the "oldies" - then did a rocking-version of "Like a Rolling Stone" (never heard previously by D3, she said) ; D3 did however join in on a twangy "Knocking on Heavens Door"....as km flew by. D3 lies, a lot !

I asked the Sky (dark & wet) - hows the ride? To hoots that it was my turn to sing, solo.
I shocked every1 by singin a 5 min song in 1 min (Adventures of Isabel) & then again at original speed.....they made me sing the slow version 3x, which by 3d repeat I could no longer do...I / we was choking back lafter.
I was prodded into singin "somethin Country, Somethin American...besides "Take me Home Country Roads"; so I became (for 10 min) "Roger McGuinn" of the Byrds; D1 & D2 & I tried Byrds version of"Times they are a Changing" along wif me; which was repeated inthe PPM version by all 4 singers; I am not sure if I was peter or paul or just a croaking-frog.

Gamma 4-potter whistled (as Gamma motors do) along, as wind hissed thru crack in left window (it had fallen down 1mm)

D1 tried to weasel out of singin solo; which was not goin to be tolerated by rest of us - D1 sang Boney M's versions of Christmas-Songs - songs that weve been practicin the dances thereof for weeks; so we joined in & were happy in our warm & smooth gamC

We danced, didn't win prizes, sang songs for other D'ers (we'd had lots of practice) - Christmasy Songs in 4 different languages (at 1 time) - with lots a help from our other D' friends. I didn't sing Isabel 1min version nor 5 min version (phew!); however everybody sang (a great American Country-Dance-Song" - "Mustang Sally" while dancin...the Country-Band knew it well, so we sang&danced to funky-music!

I (of course) sang 'gamma Johnny' but no-one heard me!!

We 4 drank alcohol-free Gluewein till 04:00; then went to an all-night China-Restaurant, where our friends - the owners - asked us "4" to dance for them & their guests; which we did; we sang too. We didn't pay to eat !!

Yes, its tuff being a gam Driver, xspecially when returing home - singing "new-songs" in the rain, no one complaining about 2 doors, me yowlin poorly a non-Yodel version of The Band's "The Weight" & then tiredly xplainin its perhaps-meaning(s), its whatever maybe text & explainin who 'The Band' "was" in short words;
I followed with The Band's "Drove Ole Dixie-Down (in English only by me); sung in 3 other languages by 3 other singers - with 4 totally different texts too.

Tomoro, another designated-driver / Dancer will spiff us all 4 down the hi-way to a rehearsal-hall in Benz A Class w/ 4drs & CD player - unless eveyone votes gamma in the Rain, again !
gamma a.i.

Re: Gamma Fulvia Posting - of sorts

Unread post by gamma a.i. »

A FOLLOW-UP TO ABOVE POST (btw - loved the PM's) THIS TIME AROUND INLOVING (yes) 1 kC & 1 FulC S3.....as noted - 4 Dancers were mentioned in previous posting....in this Post same 4 D'ers were deeply-inloved in Organizing & Executing an Event similar to Event mentioned above; this time only 4 miles (6km) from Home. kC was too small to carry 4 -comfortably- & everything required (music equipment & more), thus our Fulvia was pressed into ferrying 3 of 4 D'ers to Event Location. D #1 (mentioned in above post) drove k.
Fulvy was parked at the head of the Event-Road-Entrance, as was promised to all attending....so no one past by the narrow Alley leading thru the Green-Park to perhaps arrive or perhaps not arrive at "The Old Green Tree-Bistro" due to not nowing how to find the OGT Bistro. in the dark. All arrived !!

Since then Fulvia has been in-service every day - lucky me !!; today a Trabant Owner(he said) with an E. German Dialect stopped me to ask if I wanted to trade cars (he was in a nice Benz Cabrio); I -ov-curse replied...sorry, not for your Benz, not for your Oil-BurnerTrabant either...he smiled

Drive a Fulvia - Make Friends
Drive a kC & no cares !!

Return to “53 Gamma”