Back to the Dedra

Ruben Rocha

Back to the Dedra

Unread post by Ruben Rocha »

Greetings!

I have the need to buy a cheap car just for the weekends and to make some weekend journeys with the family. As a previous lancia dedra owner back in 2004 im looking to buy another one. Why the dedra? Its big, well equipped and a pleasure to drive.

I managed to find one here in portugal... Its a dark red 1.6 from 1995 with 80000km on the clock. When i saw it i could not believe it because the car is brand new! The guy wants 1500 euros for it and i find its a good price for such a car in this condition.

I have some doubts though:

- I tested the aircon pushing the auto buttun but the compressor didnt engage. If its lack of gas i suspect a leak (too expensive or not to repair?). It maybe a relay or a fuse. What do you guys think? Any way to test the fault?

- The car has been parked in a garage since late 2006 and im afraid to have major problems in the future because of almost 4 years without use and now putting it on the road again. If i buy it i will do an inspection and full service. Any tips to get it back on the road without future problems?

Thanks!
javiturbo

Re: Back to the Dedra

Unread post by javiturbo »

i Ruben.
The climate problem can be in a unit that is in the engine compartment, this part has failed a lot, usually burned one of the connections (I attached photos). But first you'll have to do a load of gas.
Greetings from Spain.
Attachments
23.jpg
23.jpg (110.78 KiB) Viewed 4345 times
4.jpg
4.jpg (63.02 KiB) Viewed 4345 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (92.46 KiB) Viewed 4345 times

Return to “55 Dedra”