Dedra 2.0.i.e 89'

Chris

Dedra 2.0.i.e 89'

Unread post by Chris »

I have recently (4 months ago) purchased the above mentioned Dedra. The engine was in a very sorry state. I had oil leakages from a loose gearbox and still have a leak from directly under the distributor cap.

I have since changed the fuel pressure regulator(not weber), the temperature sensor( second hand) and a host of other things.(Spark Plugs, filters, thermostat, etc.) I also cleaned the fuel injectors.

After having read the several forum topics it seems that I still have a problem with the temperature sensor, however, even when the engine is warm, it still does not run smoothly and rev counter does not always idle on the same position. The engine sounds like it is missing out on idle but it is not a spark problem. It works fine on higher revs but sometimes jerks. Can anyone Help?

The car also has e. mirrors but the nothing works. I found an electronic panel next to the fuse box completely void of any circuit breakers/contactors. Does anybody have an idea or an electrical wiring diagram that should help me out?

There are only 4 Lancias ( two are mine) on the island of Gozo so mechanics do not have much experience on these cars and I usaully do all the repairs myself.

I also have a prisma 83' 14 automatic which i recently had a small accident with. It is currently garaged and will sell whatever is requested.I had changed the cylinder head two months before accident and engine still runs like clockwork.

Thanks in advance for your help

Chris - Malta(Gozo)
Brian Hilton

Re: Dedra 2.0.i.e 89'

Unread post by Brian Hilton »

Hi Chris,

I would recommend the first thing you do is to change the canister fuel filter that is located just in front of the righthand rear wheel, your cars has obviously been neglected, so the chances are that this has never been changed (or at least recently), if this is blocked, which seems very likely it can completely mess up the running.
Other point is the idle control valve which governs the idle speed, this gets gummed up with petrol deposits & sometimes it is possible to clean.
If you let me have your email address I will send you the relevant information, also a wiring diagram for the mirrors.
Do you know anyone who understands written German? I have a workshop manual on CD in German but I have been unable to find it in English, even if you don't understand German it is still very useful for the photos, diagrams & technical information, so if you want a copy, let me have an address where to send it & I will burn you a copy and send it on.

Brian Hilton
Dedra Advisor,
Lancia Motor Club,
UK
Gerald Dickie

Re: Dedra 2.0.i.e 89'

Unread post by Gerald Dickie »

Hello Chris,

see my post to Laurent on rough engine idle, re, distributor rotor and cap.

Gerald

Return to “55 Dedra”