Injection fault indicator

Laurent

Injection fault indicator

Unread post by Laurent »

I recently bought a '95 Dedra 2.0 16V.

From time to time the injection fault indicator (sorry if that is not the right English word) turns on. I went to a Lancia dealer and he tested the car. He told me that the error entry in the injection ECU can not be deleted but that the car has no problem... The only way to remove the error is to replace the unit, costing around 900EUR.

- First, I have a hard time believing that it is not "really" a problem: the ECU is monitoring some levels that are not in the expected range. Any indiciation of what it could be?

- Second, I have a hard time to believe that the ECU error memory cannot be deleted. Even if the error entry cannot be deleted, I am sure that the non-volatile memory (usually EEPROM) containing the error memory can be erased. Any help on how to do this?

Or any indication as to what could be causing this fault would be great! Thanks a lot!

L.
Brian Hilton

Re: Injection fault indicator

Unread post by Brian Hilton »

Hi Laurent,
The UK never received 1995 Dedra as Lancia pulled out of the rhd market in 1994.
However this common with Dedras & Themas, I've owned 2 Themas & 4 Dedras, both Themas had this annoying glitch & one of the Dedras.
It seems that any sort of momentary malfuction such as a plug misfire is picked up & registers as an injection fault.
After driving me mad not being able to find a fault even using the diagnostics, I decided to do what your dealer recommended, ignore it,
Iinvariably it will re-occur every now & again, but unless you want a nervous breakdown, don't worry about it, if a problem of a consistent nature occurs, then is the time to start to worry & to look at it closer, by which time the light will probably be staying on all the time, & the diagnostics should then indicate a proper fault.

Brian Hilton
Dedra Adviser,
Lancia Motor Club,
UK

Return to “55 Dedra”