Missing part?

Laurent

Missing part?

Unread post by Laurent »

I recently bought a '95 Dedra 2.0 16V.
Going through a whole bunch of checks and replacements (overhauling the alternator, changing some barings... ) I noticed that the engine was quiet dirty. Looking under the car, I saw that nothing was protecting the engine from water & dirt coming from the road. However, I located several places beneath the engine that looked like being made to fix a "protection cover".
My question: has this car normally something that protects the engine from below?

Thanks for the help.

Laurent
Brian Hilton

Re: Missing part?

Unread post by Brian Hilton »

Hi Laurent,
Never seen an engine undertray on a Dedra. It's not a particulary dirty engine, but if you do need to clean it, if the the dirty appearance offends, (it does me) try to avoid a using power washer as the electrics don't like it, it's also well worth removing the moulded foam pieces by the bonnet hinges so that you can clear leaves & debris from the water drain holes, there are also 2 water drain hoses from the plenum chamber which can get blocked at the bottom (& the top) if they haven't been kept clear, if you remoce the plastic cover over the chamber you can see the tops of these hoses.

Best Regards
Brian

Return to “55 Dedra”