Dedra in United States

Nathan Corey

Dedra in United States

Unread post by Nathan Corey »

Hello

I spotted a 1996 Lancia Dedra sedan for sale here in the United States. It appears to be in excellent shape. I havent talked with the owner yet, but I am highly interested in the car. I know an owner of a local Italian car repair garage whom will be able to service the car, and source parts (which I am sure are few and far between in North America- to my knowledge Lancia has not imported any cars to the United States since the demise of the Beta series cars).

I would like to know if anybody can tell me if Lancia Dedras were formally imported and federalized into North America...( perhaps like the Citroen XM ) which were imported by a private company specializing in Lancia/Italian automobiles.

The only other explanation I can think of for seeing a Dedra in the U.S. would be because it was privately imported by a single party owner- perhaps a European that had moved to the United States and had decided to bring along his/her Dedra.... but considering the strict federalization requirements in 1996 it would have cost thousands of U.S. dollars to have the car fedralized and eligible for registration for use on U.S. roads.

Any information on imported Lancias to the U.S. after the formal demise of Lancia North America GREATLY appreciated.
Brian Hilton

Re: Dedra in United States

Unread post by Brian Hilton »

About a year ago I bought a Dedra Integrale workshop manual in Italian from a company in the USA, this was supposed to have come from a Fiat?/Lancia Department set up in the USA.

When you go into the Eper Fiat/Lancia/alfa Romeo on line parts list, it always comes up with a Reference to USA 83? so it looks like it was possibly considered, but I have never come across anything that indicates that Dedra officialy came into the USA.

If anyone else knows different then I also would like to know.

Just one other point, if it was a 1996 model it would have been LHD & from somewhere in Europe as all UK cars were RHD and Lancia pulled out of the UK in 1994.

Although I believe none went officially to New Zealand, I know of one in NZ with another on the way & I believe there is at least one on South Africa.

Brian
Gerald Dickie

Re: Dedra in United States

Unread post by Gerald Dickie »

Hello Nathan,

I will send an e-mail as my reply grew too long.

Return to “55 Dedra”