Lancia dedra 2.0 turbo se

rob

Lancia dedra 2.0 turbo se

Unread post by rob »

Just bought a lancia 2.0 turbo in good condition but sold as a non runner . Sparking all right so i put petrol in it and it starts . Will only run for 3 or 4 seconds and will cut out . Also you have to use full throttle . Checked fuel pump and is ok . Anybody have the same problem or can tell me whats most likely wrong .
Lindsay

Re: Lancia dedra 2.0 turbo se

Unread post by Lindsay »

Join the Thema & Dedra Consortium - spares and tech advice available for a paltry annual sum!!!
angle Grinder

Unread post by angle Grinder »

At a guess, you have a problem with the sensor that determines that the engine is turning.

I say this because I think your fuel pump is priming when you switch the ignition on and that is giving you 5 seconds of fuel pressure to run the engine on, but when you start to turn the engine over the engine management is not detecting this and the fuel pump is not running. Thus there is no fuel supply for keeping the engine running.

Check the connection from the sensor that is mounted beside the crankshaft pulley and also check for connectors at sensors on the gearbox which might be reading from the flywheel.

Also, do as Lindsay suggests and join the Thema Dedra Consortium as it will save you £'s on spare parts and you'll get all the info you need.
angle Grinder

Unread post by angle Grinder »

I've been reading up on the system in the Thema and there is a speed switch relay on Thema's that supplies power to the fuel pump under the following conditions

Ignition key in position "AVV" (Start) or in position "MAR" (On) but with rpm above 225ppm.

I'm not sure, but I'm guessing that you are not getting an rpm signal to the speed switch so the fuel pump is not being energised when you switch to "MAR".

Good Luck
Tom Hancox

Unread post by Tom Hancox »

It is more complex than it appears. Haynes do an Engine Management & fuel injection systems Manual that covers the IAW Weber-Marelli MPi system used in the Dedra 2oo ie turbo. The ECM (electronic control module ) has a 'get you home' condition that kicks in as default when certain sensors fail. This limits the speed and acceleration etc, so the manual shows all the sensors & settings, also the electrical readings that indicate correct workings.

The manual is available in the UK from Halfords.

Good luck.

Tom H

Return to “55 Dedra”