Hi! I need some help regarding Dedra's coolant temperature

Apostolos Meliones

Hi! I need some help regarding Dedra's coolant temperature

Unread post by Apostolos Meliones »

Hi everybody,

I just bought a Lancia Dedra 1.6 mpi, model '95, 90000 Km, and I noticed that the coolant temperature
reaches 100 degrees (2 dashes above 90 degrees which is in the middle of the temperature scale) after
10-15 minutes driving under normal traffic conditions. The radiator fan starts cooling the engine at this
temperature. Two dashes above 90 is quite above the middle of the scale, which is indicated as
normal temperature in the car's manual.

I think this is a high temperature. My former car's (a FIAT Punto) engine temperature was never above
the middle of the scale.

I called the lady that sold me the car to ask about Dedra's engine operating temperature when she was
driving the car and she said about 90 degrees.

I took the car to a Lancia authorized service and after having a look at it they said that it looked normal,
however they said to have it checked more thoroughly in case temperature exceeded that level.

Has anybody of you a Dedra? Based on your experience when driving your Dedra what should be a
normal temperature level when driving in traffic? Is 100 degrees normal?

Thanks in advance for your help

Best Regards

Apostolos
Emil Petrov

Re: Hi! I need some help regarding Dedra's coolant temperature

Unread post by Emil Petrov »

Hi Apostolos,

Don't worry it is absolutely normal for Dedras. Fan runs when temperature reaches about 100 degrees. This car keeps its coolant near to boiling point. If you have possibility to see diagnostic computer - engine temperature is always about 102-107 degrees.

Be cool!
Chris

Re: Hi! I need some help regarding Dedra's coolant temperature

Unread post by Chris »

Dear Mr. Apostolos Meliones,
at the Lancia Club Hellas this and may more concerns regarding our favorite
Lancias,are discussed openly and many solutions tecknical and practical ones
are provided to all Lancia fans and owners ,whithout any sistincton between members
and non members.

I feel particuraly in condition to nswr any of your concerns regarding Dedras,since
i owns two of them!!!
An exeptional Lancia Dedra HF integrale of 180 Cv in marvelous condition straordinary
keeped and serviced,and a Lancia Dedra 1.6 i.e 90 Cv which I use as an everyday car
in Greek roads.
Besides we do have as a Club the ORIGINAL service manuals on Dedras and Deltas
and we can provide you with any support,since this Club is not directly or indirectly
conected to car serviing facilities or spare parts dealers.
The founders of this Club are Docrors in Engineiring and Medicine,people who love Lancias
but they dont't live from them so we are looking forward to hear from you.

You are kindly invited to our site and our Club.

Best Regards

Chris

Lancia Club Hellas

www.lanciaclub.gr

Return to “55 Dedra”