dedra i.e. 1.6

Rok Hanc

dedra i.e. 1.6

Unread post by Rok Hanc »

i'm allso an owner of lancia dedra i.e. 1.6 and i have a problem with it. The problem is that i can drive cca 10 km and then car just stop working i must weith about 5 min to start the car again. This is happening every 10 to 15 km. I had a car at the machanics but they didn't solve the problem. Is it posible that the lancia fuel injection ECU is broken (bosch mono-jetronic) it is pretty expensive and i don't want to buy it before i'm sure this is it. Can you help me.

Thanks
John Purcell

Re: dedra i.e. 1.6

Unread post by John Purcell »

From what you've described the problem sounds as if it is temperature related and might be with one of the temperature sensors, however I think your best bet is to take the car to somebody who can carry out a diagnostic check on the vehicle.
borko

Unread post by borko »

book motors
borko

Unread post by borko »

book motorsJohn Purcell wrote:
>
>
> From what you've described the problem sounds as if it is
> temperature related and might be with one of the temperature
> sensors, however I think your best bet is to take the car to
> somebody who can carry out a diagnostic check on the vehicle.
borko

Unread post by borko »

book motorsJohn Purcell wrote:
>
>
> From what you've described the problem sounds as if it is
> temperature related and might be with one of the temperature
> sensors, however I think your best bet is to take the car to
> somebody who can carry out a diagnostic check on the vehicle.
Mikeymikemcmike

Unread post by Mikeymikemcmike »

It is also possible that this is a faulty / dirty contact in the ignition circuit (including the ignition switch). The contacts heat up due to porr contact and eventually the high resistance causes loss of current. After the car has been stopped for a while the contacts cool down and it works again. Check if you have any "engine immobiliser" switch in the ignition circuit as this could also cause the problem if the contacts aren't capable of carrying the current.

Return to “55 Dedra”