Tuning my Dedra Integrale

Jarek

Tuning my Dedra Integrale

Unread post by Jarek »

Hi,
I have got Lancia Dedra Integrale and I was thinking to tune it a bit. Well I know, not everybody likes it,
but I have other Lancias to keep as originals :-)))
One friend of mine, from Lancia Club Finland, have bought Dedra Integrale from Germany.
The car has a bit of strange out-look. The bonnet was a'la Delta Integrale and it looked very
interesting. Would anybody know where this part comes from. To see it please go to:
www.lanciaclubfinland.fi, click on "gallery" and then click on "Lumipallorally 2004".
You will find it easly, since it was the only Dedra Integrale there.
Any idea or help ?

I would apriciate any help / info, concerning tuning Dedra Integrale, especialy from people
who have some experience. I would like to concentrate on performace of the car rather,
however a small out-look change could be nice too. I any case it must look like a Lancia car,
and not like a Christmas tree:-))

Greetings from Finland, jarek
Raz

Re: Tuning my Dedra Integrale

Unread post by Raz »

Get a boost guage fitted. The engine will take up to 1 bar of turbo boost without ill effect or further tuning. You will see close to 200PS at 1 bar.

To achieve 1 bar boost, get a boost control valve (the ball and spring type) and fit this to the pipe between the wastegate solenoid and the wastegate (this is near the bonnet catch, is metal and has three pipes coming from it and the pipe is infact split and joined with an I piece, as if Lancia expected some kind of extra valve to be fitted there!)

Also make sure the Bosch recirculation valve is OK - this is attached to the L-shaped pipe at the top of the air filter box. As a precaution you might want to fit a brand new one, available cheaply from Lancia or Fiat.

Also, make sure the intercooler is OK. The plastic ends can get blown off by the turbo pressure. I rebuilt my intercooler with sealant all round and strapped the plastic ends with a large jubilee clip around the whole intercooler.

The exhaust system is already very efficient so the only gain from upgrading it would be sportier sound and a nice shiny tail pipe. Although I had the silencer second from back removed when it failed and replaced with a pipe. This did not cause extra noise.

There aren't really any gains to be had with a cone type air filter as these are not well protected from engine heat. For some minimal gains, fit a BMC replacement panel filter as in the long run this saves money and actually filters better as it is cleanable and reusable.

Of course the best way to get optimum performance is to keep the engine well maintained with quality fluids. A tuned engine will run hotter, so the best oil and coolant, along with a properly flushed and maintained coolant system is important.

Consider getting a FilterMAG - this is a magnetic belt that fits around your oil filter and attracts metal particles as small as 2 microns (a lot smaller than the filter alone can remove) so your engine suffers less wear.
jarek

Re: Tuning my Dedra Integrale

Unread post by jarek »

Hi,

200 hp should be enough:-) I have heard from oe friend on mine its possible to go up to 220/230 hp
with small money, but after that get too expencive, for a family car after all:-)

I have got Dedra Turbo, too, so I could apply the same modification as well, I belive!
I still need to find some time to do all this things:-)

Thank you a lot and greetings from Finland, jarek

Return to “55 Dedra”