Help - steering wheel

DM

Help - steering wheel

Unread post by DM »

Hello to everybody. I need urgent help.

I need to remove the steering wheel on my Dedra Turbo Integrale - it's the original Lancia, 4 spoke with leather (no airbag). I can't remove the "horn button assembly" - since I'm afraid I could easily break something and there aren't any nut or screw visible.
Does someone has experience of doing that? Do you have any good tips? Thanks for all the responses...

DM.
george livingstone

Re: Help - steering wheel

Unread post by george livingstone »

dont know if its the same as the dedra 4 spoke stearing wheel if it is there is 4 small philips head screws on the rear of the centre this allows the centre to be removed and then the steering wheel
DM

Unread post by DM »

Thanks for answering, but I must be blind since I don't see neither feel any screw there. Maybe they are hidden behind the leather....
george livingstone

Unread post by george livingstone »

just checked my lancia parts cd it shows 2 steering wheels fitted to the intergrali one has 4 small holes on the bottom of the wheel with 4 philips screws one has 3 hope this helps
DM

Unread post by DM »

Thanks.
I have the parts CD - edition 24 (pretty old), but this doesn't help me. As I said, the situation is different in reality, because there's no hole, screw or whatever visible. The whole steering wheel is just perfectly covered with leather.
I hope someone who reads this forum has experince with this one.
Chris

Unread post by Chris »

Hi, on my '91 Dedra Turbo I just pulled it straight off. Sit down in the seat and pull it agains you. It is kind of hard to get loose, and it will come off with a big snap. Inside there is a small red wire connecting to the steering-wheel base, you will need to disconnect this.
DM

Unread post by DM »

Thanks for the advice!! I just pulled it off and nothing actually broke :-)

Return to “55 Dedra”