Dashboard removal Lancia Dedra

Don Brodka

Dashboard removal Lancia Dedra

Unread post by Don Brodka »

hi
Does anyone know how you can remove the dashboard of a dedra? Several lightbulbs are brodken and i'd like to replace them.
I tried to remove it but i couldnt get it out.
thanks...
Jussi

Re: Dashboard removal Lancia Dedra

Unread post by Jussi »

I have done it a few times. Here are a few tips:
1)Make sure you have nothing else to do the day you do this. It takes hours.
2)Remove the wooden part from under the instrument panel by undoing the two small hexagon head screws and pulling the part out.
3)Disconnect the wires to the ventilation outlet illumination bulbs. This enables you to get the panel out of the way.
4)Remove the dark grey plastic cover surrounding the instrument panel. There are several very small screws that secure it to the padding.
5)Undo the screws that secure the instrument panel to the dashboard. I don't remember how many there are. Several and too many.
6)Release the speedometer cable at the transmission end.
7)Pull out the instrument panel as far as it will come. Remember to adjust the steering wheel as low as possible first.
8)You'll find out that the panel won't come out very far, but depending on your finger size you might be able to replace the bulbs now.
9)If not, you'll have to remove the plastic shields from around the steering column. Undo the screws and release the clips.
10)Now, finally, the f*****g thing will come out, after you have first unclipped all its wiring connectors.
11)Change the bulbs.
12)Reverse the above.

Lots of luck
Jussi

Return to “55 Dedra”