Delta HF integrale 8v kat engine

tequila-light

Delta HF integrale 8v kat engine

Unread post by tequila-light »

Hello

does anybody know, wether a 835A5.046 engine (originally mounted in Dedra 2.0 i.e kat) does also fit in a Delta HF integrale 8v kat from '91?
The Delta is originally equipped with a 831C5.046 engine. Exhaust manifold, turbo charger, intake, injection, water pump, generator etc. shall be used from the 831 on the 835 furthermore.
Anybody did this job already? Do I expect any trouble regarding engine mounts, gearbox, electrical system or eventually power output?

any hint is welcome

regards
Martin
Samo

Re: Delta HF integrale 8v kat engine

Unread post by Samo »

Is this an ordinary 2.0 i.e. NON turbocharged engine? In that case you will have to change the exhaust valves and exhaust valve guides or they will burn out very quickly. Also if it is a non turbocharged engine the pistons... are different.

The engine block i think fits OK, but I am not sure if you have the balancer shafts?

I think you can only use the block and the head but you will have to change everything!
tequila-light

Re: Delta HF integrale 8v kat engine

Unread post by tequila-light »

Hi Samo

thanks for your answer.
I do not know exactly on which car the 835A5 engine originally was mounted. The internet says it would be the Dedra 2.0 i.e kat (whereas the Dedra Turbo had an 835A7)

Since I have also doubts about the interchangeability due to compression rate and exhaust valves as you told, I will go to rebuild the original engine.

regards
Martin

Return to “57 Delta, Prisma, Delta Integrale”