Engine swap ... crazy owner ???

Ricardo

Engine swap ... crazy owner ???

Unread post by Ricardo »

Hi all...

I'm thinking on a displacement increase on my HF Turbo IE... I was thinking on Dedra 2.0 Turbo 8 Valve engine wich I believe it's similar .... but keeping the injection and turbo from the Delta... hmmmm well ... I was even thinking on fitting a closer ratio transmission ie a GTie one .... can this be... without problem ????
Martin

Re: Engine swap ... crazy owner ???

Unread post by Martin »

Are you running standard boost? If so increase to 18psi, there is a safety system that cuts the engine at 19psi so you can't go any further (And its not advisable for obvious reasons) I did this to mine no problems, it totally transforms the car and should keep you happy while you save for an HF Integrale (Which has the 2.0 Turbo engine fitted and 4wd).

Regards,
Martin (8v Integrale).
Ricardo

Unread post by Ricardo »

Errrrr... well... it's cheaper for me to do this change and... I really enjoy 2WD I use to ride on a 16V Integrale ... and... would very much like to make him believe he is going backwards when I passed him with my 1.6 (2.0) turbo... the thing is that I don't know if there could be any problem with that turbo thing...
alan cooper

Unread post by alan cooper »

you might (?) pass an integrale in a straight line (if you can keep it in one) BUT the slightest dampness on the road or round a corner and you would have no chance, the traction on a delta hf without either 4 wheel- drive or visco-drive would be diabolical with that sort of power you would also lose out due to the much narrower track of the 1600. If you were to fit a larger engine in my view you would need to transfer over the full management system and turbo as an ecu for a 1.6 is not going to be anywhere near right for a 2 litre as the fuel and advance maps will be completely wrong. You should also be wary of the deltas transmission which is notoriously weak in 3rd gear with 2 litres you will probably hasten its failure considerably if you could make a complete dedra turbo engine/gearbox/viscodrive fit it would probably be the best option but I have no idea if it will and how practical a conversion it would be and most available 2nd hand engines will probably be knackered requiring a full rebuild. A cheap 8v G-kat grale in good order would make lots more sense
Ricardo

Unread post by Ricardo »

8 V Grales are still 5 or 6 times more expensive than 1.6 turbo... but ... i'll surely think about it ... but ... oh never mind.... since i saw that 192 bhp fiat uno turbo i.e. I got out of my mind...

Thanks for your attencion
Drummer88

Unread post by Drummer88 »

My HF was originally 1.6 carb turbo, now 8V croma block with many mods, T28 turbo, Gtie cams and gearbox, 240 wheel hp (should be 300 with cam timing adjustment) and 410Nm torque. Waiting for my Quaife LSD, but I doubt there would be many stock 8v or 16v grale's that would be faster.
Dancia gt

Unread post by Dancia gt »

Hi everyone!! Will my lancia delta 1.6gtie gearbox be OK if I fit a 2.0 8v turbo engine and use as fwd??? Thanks in advance 😁

Return to “57 Delta, Prisma, Delta Integrale”