Delta HF Turbo side lights, need help.

Steve Marsden

Delta HF Turbo side lights, need help.

Unread post by Steve Marsden »

Can anyone give me some advice regarding HF Turbo (1988) side lights? For the UK MOT they must operate with the ignition in the OFF position. On mine, with stalk switch on side light setting,
the dipped headlights AND side lights come on TOGETHER, only with the ignition ON.
Is this as they were manufactured? Is it easy to convert? Can anyone supply me with a wiring diagram?
Any Help will be welcome
Steve
Nigel West

Re: Delta HF Turbo side lights, need help.

Unread post by Nigel West »

Steve

Does your HF have a small button just above the ignition key? If so with the ignition off, press the button and continue to turn the key anti-clockwise and remove the key - the side lights will stay on.
Leo Capaldi

Unread post by Leo Capaldi »

Hi,
This sounds like something to do with the "Dim-dip" wiring. Cars of this age have the facility to put the headlamps on dimly when the sidelamps are switched on and the ignition is on. The headlight dip beam should not be at full brightness until the switch is rotated again. If they are on fully bright when the switch is at the first position it sounds like there is a fault in the wiring - or someone has bodged things to make the headlights work (the wiring connector in the steering column shroud is a weeke point. Does the green dip warning lamp go off when you switch to main beam? If the dip stays on the wiring has been tampered with. The MOT regulations allow for dim-dip situation - but not if the dip is at full brightness.
martin smith

Unread post by martin smith »

not sure if this helps, I got a lancia delta hf turbo ie 1989. when i turn my lights on low or on full, the green dip warning lamp ,rear lights and low beam (sidelamps) stay off untill i jiggle the arm on the stearing column about a bit, dodgey conection i recon, if i switch to high beam my green dip warning light goes off, which i think is normal, cos ive checked my rear lights and they stay on, but sometimes both green warning lights turn off and only the blue high beam light is on which means my rear lights are not on. pain in the arse but ive learnt to live with it because my indicator swith fucked up on my old column unit which was fine otherwise, and i got another unit with a fucked up indicator but this one was repairable (plastic bit wears out/re-carved a notch) so ive now got indicators but have to mess with the switch.

i actually stumbled across your letter while searching for headlights, one is cracked the other is smashed, (fuckin flys they get bigger) so i was wondering if you have stumbled across somewhere i could maybe get some secondhand. ive got tons of spares, (i could build another car with no lights or indicators) so please contact me if you know of any i could buy/swap.

cheers Martin (m.smith@bluorbit.co.uk)
waltham abbey/enfield/walthamstow/hammersmith is where im at
martin smith

Unread post by martin smith »

m.smith continued... ps. hes right about the button near the ignition switch i didnt find that for months

Return to “57 Delta, Prisma, Delta Integrale”