Non-HF Delta and Prisma Consortium (UK)

Nick Haigh

Unread post by Nick Haigh »

I've been wondering on and off for a while whether there is any interest amongst Lancia enthusiasts in the UK for some kind of consortium,register, or other (less formal) grouping for non-HF
Deltas and Prismas. This classification would include 1300, 1300LX, 1500, 1500LX, GT1600 and GTie models of the 1979-93 Delta range, and any Prismas. It would not include HF turbo or
integrale types, which are well catered for already.

I own a 1990 Delta 1300 which I think is great. I also own a Dedra 2.0ie SE but for some types of driving I prefer the Delta! The non-HF Delta and Prisma types, now very rare in the UK, have
for a long time lingered in the shadow cast by the Delta HF turbo and integrale, and I wonder if it is time to give some recognition and support to the remaining non-HF Deltas and Prismas.
They are charismatic and capable cars, and in some ways more representative of the Lancia spirit than the overtly performance-oriented HF models, excellent though the latter
are. That last point is perhaps open to discussion, but in any case the non-HF Deltas and Prismas definitely have a place in the Lancia story and the cars perhaps deserve recognition and
support now, when all are at least middle aged and many are likely to be discarded over the coming years. It would be sad if in years to come the Lancia enthusiast community belatedly
recognised the cars' qualities, when none were left!

I am not sure to what extent others hold views like mine, or whether I am on my own in wishing to promote and help maintain non-HF Deltas and Prismas. If anyone out there does agree with
me, then please post a message, and tell me about your cars at the same time!

To begin with, it would be good to at least build up a network of owners, including people with particular technical expertise (e.g. the Lancia Motor Club technical advisors for these models? - it
would be particularly good to know your views). If that worked, there might be natural evolution to a register and even a parts consortium.

Anyway, if anyone thinks this has some mileage, let me know your ideas!
carrero

Re: Non-HF Delta and Prisma Consortium (UK)

Unread post by carrero »

I Think that would be a great idea. My car is a 1988 Lancia Prisma Turbodiesel that has always gone fantastic, excepting all those electrical little problems everybody has and another that maybe typical of this brand or similar ones with automatic heating systems.

I bought it from my aunt in winter and i didn´t notice it until spring. I happens that the automatic heating system that controls the interior temperature doesn´t seem to work. To adjust temp I have to do it manually moving up and down a plastic bar located at the left of the air rack. I watch the system from inside the motor compartment and it´s a little metal cylinder conected to a green tube wich connects at last with a plastic device similar to a pump. I´m not very put up with hard mechanicals and I don´t know wether is an easy thing to fix or not.

I would deeply thank any suggestions.
Steve

Unread post by Steve »

Sounds good, My girlfriend owns an 1989 Prisma 1600 i.e.
The car just came up for sale in that right place at the right time. Its was virtually in showroom condition with 39,000 miles. Only modification is better sized tyres (185/60/14) and a good Stereo.
Tim

Unread post by Tim »

Sounds good!
I've just got an Prisma 1600GT and have small problem, adjusting the gaps(? mm)of intake valves. I would appreciate any help about parameters!
Laurence

Unread post by Laurence »

I find that it handles much better with the standard tyres. On my 1988 prisma symbol.

Have a small problem starting the engine when its at operating temp. though, any ideas?

Return to “57 Delta, Prisma, Delta Integrale”