scorpion wheels

CD's with workshop manuals, parts book and other documentation
sean

scorpion wheels

Unread post by sean »

Is there a currently manufactured car whose wheel offset and bolt pattern are similar to the Scorpion? I'd like to get some new wheels and it's a hassle to explain what a Scorpion is.
Mark Hahn

Re: scorpion wheels

Unread post by Mark Hahn »

You need to ask for a 4 on 98mm bolt pattern which is a Fiat/Lancia only except for one or tow Alfas. Where are you located? MGH
Franco Acacia

Unread post by Franco Acacia »

You should try the German ATS wheels for BMW 2002 cars. They are available new from Shimmer Tuning in Germany. I recently bought 6 X 13 wheels for an excellent price. They are five spokes and look like the Cromodoras. You will have to have a bit of machining done by a competent machine shop, to move the wheel bolt diameter from the BMW 100 mm to the Lancia 98. You basically have to have a 60 degree countersink on a mill to cut some metal to do this. My brother and I race an X1/9 that we did this to with excellent results. I did this to my Scorpion also. You can reply to me and I can email you some photos.

If you call Paul Schimmer, just buy the wheels and take responsibily to do the work yourself. He does not want to sell the wheels to other than BMW owners, so do not tell him what you are going to do.
sean

Unread post by sean »

thanks for your suggestions - i was able to find a set of 14" Beta wheels for my car.
Dougal Cawley

Unread post by Dougal Cawley »

Are you guys fitting the 185/70VR13 Pirelli Cinturato CN36?

Return to “59 Montecarlo, Scorpion”