Lancia Meeting in Stuttgart April 2010

CD's with workshop manuals, parts book and other documentation
gamma a.i.

Lancia Meeting in Stuttgart April 2010

Unread post by gamma a.i. »

Good Evening Tutto,

At our incredible Gamma Raduno in Torino this year I spoke to a number of Lanciati about having another meeting (more)in the middle of Europe. Borrowing the many wonderful ideas from the 2009 Event of the Year, I am beginning to „formulate“

a: possible Day- by – Day Plan for a RADUNO / MEETING on 23 – 24 – 25 April 2010.

I will start of by saying, thank you to those who have said „lets do it“ & for the early guidance in making a plan that will meet, I hope, everyones needs, It must be an enjoyable and no-stress Event for everyone.

This plan is only a preliminary plan; no specific appointments have been made at any specifia locations.

The long Italian Weekend in Italy is on these dates; thus I assume that this will be the best weekend in 2010 to have a Meeting.

A large meeting is fine; a small Meeting, with Friends, is fine too.

I think that it may be too far to drive - in a Lancia or another car - for some persons, groups, families. Everyone who would like to attend this Meeting of Friends should be able to do so; Lancia or no Lancia. I will arrive in a Gamma !

I fit is best / better for some o fly into Baden-Baden/ Karlsruhe Airport by Ryanair or directly to the Stuttgart Airport…I think that is fine.

There are many wonderful places to visit, for anyone who wishes to see something on the way to the meeting or after the meeting..

.Yes ! Of Course ! Lancia is the Theme; but having an opportunity to be with fine.friends is very important..

Not everyone who would like to attend will want to go to all of the places that I can organize for us to visit. That is fine. Certainly a plan that allows for time can be arranged for those who wish to do something different. Shopping, seeing the Old-City, whatever.

I have visited the Achat Hotel near the Porsche Museum. 2 km from the Autobahn; no city driving, 100+ rooms, open 24 hours a day. – lovely Trulli Ristorante & Pizzeria at the Hotel. Mr Trulli would love to cater our Group A Cafe`Bar.is at the Hotel. Parking in a garage...

I have visited the Hospitality Director at the Porsche Museum. I am sure we can have a fantastic tour, a celebration & can park right at the Museum (100 meter from the Hotel) for photos with our Jewels. Porsche Museum will invite the Press to our Lancia r Meeting.

Last week as I was driving past Stuttgart – I noticed a new Hotel, right on the Autobahn, 3 km from Porsche Museum. I will go there soon to look !! Whichever Hotel is better (the Achat is very nice) & gives us a better group-rate will be our choice.

DAY 0: arrival in Stuttgart on 22 April – if desired.

Friday - 23 April - Day 1 – for anyone who wishes to arrive early; early birds meet at Hotel at 12:00-13:00.

Possible Plan of the Day:

13:00: depart Hotel in Lancia (or other car) for a once in a lifetime visit to the incredible new Mercedes Benz Museum

or - for those arrivng from the south - meet us at Mercedes Benz Museum at 13:30-13:45. Have a light Lunch qt the Museum, take an individual or a guided Tour. Group Rate.

Return to Hotel and relax. Greet later arrivals.

Ca 19:00 – have our friends from Fellbacher Weingenossenschaft - http://www.fellbacher-weine.de/ present their award – winning Baden Wines at our evening „Welcome Party“; Taste their „Frutto Collection“; or other fine wines…with an opportunity to purchase selected Wines „on the spot“..

I am concerned about our health & safety, thus I feel that we should not have a ‚Wine-Tasting’ at the Fellbacher Vineyards (near Mercedes Benz Museum) or a „Welcome-Party“ at a location that we would drive to or drive from.

It would be a shame to attend a „Wine-Tasting“ qnd drink only Mineral-Aqua.

Saturday 24 April – sleep long. Welcome later arriving Lancisti. At ca 11:00 visit the incredible new Porsche Museum.

VIP Welcome (what else ?). Tour the Museum.at our own pace - pay Group–Rates; drink Italian Cafe at the Espresso Bar. Have a light lunch; mini-celebration in the VIP Room of the Museum

Ca 17:00 return to Hotel. Relax.

Ca 19:00 – welcome VIP Visitors. Have a pleasant Evening, ,tell jokes, take photos, give (short) speeches.

Sunday 25 April: AM - free time: Sleep long, enjoy a leisurely breakfast. At ca 10:00 – 10:30 - meet in Parking Lot or Garage

& enjoy the fresh air as our Gamma / Flavia / Fulvia / Beta Expert Friends tell us - at a Technical Session – Light - the secrets of Loving our Lancia.! & lots of other secrets !!! Technical-Meeting attendence is voluntary:.

Ca 13:00 – for those who wish to, attend the World-Famous Bad-Canstatter Spring-Volksfest (by mass transit, from the Hotel Door)

in Stuttgart – Bad Kannstadt.. Ride the Carnival rides, drink a Stuttgarter Beer (or 2) & enjoy the sunshine !!!

or…

go to the Old Town (Altstadt) , visit the Castle Park, go the the beautiful Wilhelma Zoo.

or perhaps have a small Tour in the Hills, past the Porsche Test Track in Wiessach ! (25km from the Hotel):
I can check to see if we would be allowed to drive the Solitude Gran Prix Route (public roads) …if this is allowed for vehicles without Cat-Converter. I fit isn’t possible „I know a # of other fun roads (ha ha); but they are roads where your Lancia will stay clean !

If yes to the idea of driving at Solitude, it would not be an organized Ralley. It would be a conicidence that a # of Italian GT’s with Boxer-Motors (or other cars driven by Gammisti) just happened to drive the same route on the same day !!

If this is something that we wish to do, I would request assistance from Lancia Club Germany members from the Stuttgart area.

Return to Hotel for a Drink (Aqua per favor) & a lst dinner, goodbyes, laughs & tears !

I would like to invite (selected) Members of the great Lancia Club Germany - who could arrive in …Flavia Sport, 2000, Aurelia, Beta or „who knows what“ ?

In order to make this event a success, I will need support from the N, S, E & West of Europa,: I will invite Bruce Lindsay, Author of „Lancia 70 years of Trailblazing from Australia & Angela Verschoor, who had a hand in as well: not to forget Lukas !!! + various Lancia Dignitaries from other Lancia Clubs & from # of different countries..

I will invite Gamma Mythos of Japan.

As the Meeting begins to take shape, I would request assistance from my Gamma Friends, to fine tune the Meeting prior to the Meeting & assist at the Meeting location.

I would love to be able to welcome you in this lovely country, with ist beautiful people; many of whom drive Lancia (smiley face)

Johnny48 (& getting younger); aka Gamma ai., Fulvia a.i - Walldorf, Baden, Germany

Return to “59 Montecarlo, Scorpion”