irregular acceleration

CD's with workshop manuals, parts book and other documentation
mark

irregular acceleration

Unread post by mark »

Thanks for advice on a checklist to overcome folowing problem:
My Monte S2 accelerates nicely up to 3500rpm but goes into a dip between 3500-4000rpm. Above 4000rpm, acceleration is impressively good and even better since I installed a CSC exhaust.
The hesitation between 3500-4000rpm also occured with the standard exhaust and is apparant in all gears.
Can anyone let me know what the most sensible sequence of checks are that in I need to do to find the cause?
claude

Re: irregular acceleration

Unread post by claude »

hi mark

does the problem occurs at certain revs or isn't it rather depending on the position of the throttle flap.
if your running a weber datr carburator this problem ist quite common. i've had it too and i finally changed
to dcoe.
the datr is a two barrel carburator. the second throttle flap opens, when the throttle pedal is about half way down. at this point the problems may occure.
i didn't manage to solve it.
with the dcoe no more problems. engine runs perfect at all revs and is more powerful at same consumption

best regards
claude
John Kostelansky

Re: irregular acceleration

Unread post by John Kostelansky »

Mark,
I had a similar problem that after lots of testing turned out to be a double firing on cylinder number 3...found it by watching each plug wire using a timing light on a thin paint mark I made on the outer rim of a cam pulley...the window on the trans was hiding it from me...The distributor was in need of service and I fitted the marelli pickup and trigger rotor and coil from a standard fiat spider so as to get myself into the 20th century...nicer start up and works well...The latest change was some F44 emulsion tubes that have a smaller outside diameter...all holes are the same as the stock F30. (which is the weber 61450.229) ..this give acceleration reserve...smoothed my acceleration imensely...Sorry I don't yet have the last three digits for the F44...but the first five numbers are important as the F codes are used over and over... Regards,
John

Return to “59 Montecarlo, Scorpion”