HIFI in a coupe

CD's with workshop manuals, parts book and other documentation
Bali

HIFI in a coupe

Unread post by Bali »

Hello and Happy New Year!

At this time in my coupe I have two 10cms loudspeakers in the front, at the legs. Possible these are factory-built spaces.
My question is where can I put more loudspeakers for better quality? In the back isn't too much space...
Subwoofer in the trunk? Has anyone built in loudspeakers somewhere, where they sound good?

Bali
mikele

Re: HIFI in a coupe

Unread post by mikele »

hi to all
it is a pitty, these speakers in the orignal
place are the badest version you can use.
in my former HPE i used 3way abouve
speekers min 16cm base.
they were mounted in the side parts off the
back seats.
okay you destroy the side part but---
the sound give you all back.
use a new radio with min 4channels
25 watt sinus.
do it and then with ibl--maybe
you will be happy.
be brave
mikele
Chris

Unread post by Chris »

Whats the least destructive way to modify the dashboard to allow a modern stereo to fit? I like the way mine looks at the moment, very tidy especially with the blanking plate in front of it. But I would like to have cds or similar without having to use one of those adapters.
Randy Adams

Unread post by Randy Adams »

Hi Chris:

I'm looking at the same problem. I have an old cassette player in the factory position but it died a few months ago and cassettes are basically going the way of the oozlum bird. I'm looking at the empty space in front of the shifter, below the air ducts. My car is a 1981 U.S. model. Does the U.K. model have that void? It's a big obvious frontier on my car. Btw, I wish I had a blanking plate. Does it say anything (such as "Lancia" or "Beta")?

Return to “61 Beta, Beta spider, Beta Zagato, Trevi”