Lancia Trevi Consortium - Needs new 'owner'

CD's with workshop manuals, parts book and other documentation
Keith Turner

Lancia Trevi Consortium - Needs new 'owner'

Unread post by Keith Turner »

For a number of reasons I have to give up running the Trevi Consortium for the LMC I have had some health problems, also I need the space for storage of other equipment & I no longer have a Trevi I sold it to a local Lancia Buff - Justin who is doing a rolling resto on it.
Anybody interested in taking on the Consortium, these days it is mainly storing parts panels, electrics, trim & mechanical bits. I also have a Microfische & some parts books for older Betas. We do not want the parts scrapped as they are irreplaceable so if anyone could take it on please contact me. At worst the Club can store the stuff in their facility, but better if someone could keep it going I would be happy to remain in an advisory capacity for the Trevi
Hamish

Re: Lancia Trevi / Beta Consortium?

Unread post by Hamish »

Ahhh, if only I had the space!!

There is talk of a Beta consortium taking off - can't see any reason why the Trevi couldn't be incorporated into it but suspect won't be happening soon...

Merry Christmas one and all!
Chris

Re: Lancia Trevi Consortium - Needs new 'owner'

Unread post by Chris »

Roughly what space would be required and how could the parts be transported.

Regards Chris.
keith turner

Re: Lancia Trevi Consortium - Needs new 'owner'

Unread post by keith turner »

Hi Chris
I think that something like a Transit Luton would be large enough to transport the parts etc. This is
what we used originally (we used a few car journeys also but I have sold quite a bit of stuff since
then) I suspect that a bit of pruning could also be employed as I suspect that some parts will never
move. It is difficult to gauge storage space I have some parts on racking, some in boxes & some
spread on the floor. The rooms in my cellar I use at the moment are roughly 2m x 3m & 4m square.
The small room needs a lot of box shuffling to get to parts I can email you a couple of photos
(probably frighten you off!) Its a bit shambolic at the moment as I had to pile stuff up, my cellar walls
are weeping water & I had to move everthing. That's another reason I need to empty the cellars.
jimcraib

Unread post by jimcraib »

Happy New Year To All
Yes we are trying to get a Beta consortium underway. I will be bringing the subject to the fore at the next LMC committee meeting in February. If you don't need reminding the Beta went out of production in 1984. It is long overdue.

Jim Craib
keith turner

Unread post by keith turner »

It would be great if a Beta Consortium could be established hopefully could take the Trevi Consortium stuff under its wing. Strange to think that the best selling range of Lancias does not have a Consortium of it's own, just one or two odd models from the range. Ther is a lot of commonality of parts & a lot of subtle differences also, Fiat/Lancia never followed British Leylands use of the parts bin to equip a lot of different makes & models, makes our lives 20+ years on a bit of a nightmare. I remember some years ago we approached Carello to see if they could supply headlights for older models but they said that Fiat had taken the tooling at the end of production & destroyed it. You do wonder at the brains behind Fiat management they are very set against the classic car movement & have a rigid policy of only supporting an obsolete model for a maximum of 10 years, pity the can't be like Jaguar & Porsche who are making parts for old models again & it seems to be a nice little earner for them. Nuff said!

Return to “61 Beta, Beta spider, Beta Zagato, Trevi”