Oil change period

CD's with workshop manuals, parts book and other documentation
Bali

Oil change period

Unread post by Bali »

Hello!

What do you think about the oil change period? How often should I change the oil on a 2.0 IE Coupe?
I use Aral BasicTronic SAE 10W-40. It's semi-synthetic. I think abuot 10.000 km. This is a year for me.
And what about spark plugs? What's your opinion?

Thank you

Bali
Hamish

Re: Oil change period

Unread post by Hamish »

Bali,
I've always tended to change engine oil every 5 or 6 thousand miles - I also have used semi or fully synthetic oil but am currently using a mineral oil whilst I 'run in' a rebuilt engine for the first 1000 miles.

Plugs I tend to change every 2 years - to be honest I've found betas don't 'use up' plugs when they're running right, sometimes all you need to do is give 'em a good clean. I don't use Bosch, on the whole I've found Golden Lodge are OK but NGK are best.

I change the timing belt annualy - without fail!!

Hamish
michael fischer

Unread post by michael fischer »

hello to all
i use the thame car and give it
the cheapest oil and i change
one time in the year.
i drive my car full, max 6300-6600 upm
and this is possibil on the autobahn.
so the motor needs oil , about
1liter per 1oookm.
spark-plugs i prefer ngk for about
30 t km.
gas is very importend, best use optimax

regards from munich
lancisti mikele
alan cooper

Unread post by alan cooper »

oil change cannot ever be too often but once a year or 6000miles whichever is first is probably a good compromise. for spark plugs I find that triple electrode champions give excellent results or the bosch equivalent these are listed for more modern turbocharged twin cams but I think the better spread of spark benefits the older carb engines a lot
Bali

Unread post by Bali »

Thanks, I think I'll do it at 10000 kms. So the next weekend.
I use Beru spark plugs. It's not the best, but works fine. I'm not going to change them now.
During the 10000 kms as I remember I filled after about 2.5-3 litres oil. I think this is normal consumption.
By the way - My car consumes 11-11.5 litres in city, and 7-8 litres on a long yourney. I found it normal at a 2.0 litre Beta.

Michael!
I have never run over 6000 rpm. How does the car behave at the end? I'm afraid of doing that..

Thanks again

Bali
Gilles

Unread post by Gilles »

I drive a 1600 HPE in France
I change the oil and the filter each 5-6000 Kms, i use a 15w40 semi synthetic.
I don't need to add any oil, no consumption at all.
I used champion lancia preconised spark plug, but recently i have tried the Lodges, no benefit and 1 liter per 100 km in more.
What are the type of the NGK used the Others ?
I change the timing belt each 50 000 Kms.
At 180 Km/h the HPE is without problem but the tank is little and the police don't like it at all.

Return to “61 Beta, Beta spider, Beta Zagato, Trevi”