Volumex

CD's with workshop manuals, parts book and other documentation
Peter

Volumex

Unread post by Peter »

Have been offered a Volumex, can anyone give me any tips on what to look out for?

Thanks

Peter.S
Hamish

Re: Volumex

Unread post by Hamish »

Peter,
Rust, rust and more rust. Is it a HPE, Coupe or Trevi? All have their little foibles....
Hamish
Peter

Unread post by Peter »

Hamish,

It's a Beta, circa 85, and has no rust.

Thanks,

Peter
alan cooper

Unread post by alan cooper »

if it has no rust snap it up!!! but check very carefully first have you removed the boot carpets and ideally the rear seats to inspect the rear strut turrets? these are very prone to rust at the base where they meet the floor and in the inner arch this is not that obvious unless closely inspected it should not neccessarily put you off if rust is found as long as the price is ok. interior trim is important as any defects will be very difficult to rectify other than that I would see how it drives it should inspire a lot of confidence and be smooth with a solid feel cornering should be exceptional if not it could be the wheel alignment (affects handling badly if out) which can be reset but not all tyre depots can do it as it must be 4 wheel tracked. check that the supercharger is running with sufficient oil and that it is smooth and quiet running as they are difficult and expensive to replace. other items that are difficult are the washer bottle (usually cracks badly), front and particularly rear spoilers, badges, radio housing (usually messed up by fitting a non-period radio). Body panels are near impossible to get hold of
Peter

Unread post by Peter »

Thanks for the reply, I'll bear this in all in mind when I see it in a fortnight. I'll let you know how I get on.

Return to “61 Beta, Beta spider, Beta Zagato, Trevi”