Volumex oil.

CD's with workshop manuals, parts book and other documentation
Ruben

Volumex oil.

Unread post by Ruben »

Hi all,

In the Lancia VX repair books it's said that the compressor must be refilled with Tutela ZC90 oil (which is a SAE 80/90 mineral Valvuline with anti-wear additives).

As far as I know this valvuline does not exist and was replaced with ZC75 in the 90ies. In the integrale differentials I use this Tutela ZC75 which is fully sinthetic SAE 75/90 valvuline (I think there is also a SAE 75/80 one).

As I run out of valvuline bottles and have to replace the one in the compressor I've been looking for the best valvuline in the market. According to several mechanics it seems that Motul Gear 300 is the best one can find (a fully sinthetic SAE 75/90 one).

I think that TutelaZC75 and Motul Gear 300 look like a good replacement however none of them emphasises the anti-wear additives as the ZC90 did.

Those who have VXs, what do you use? Would you put a fully sinthetic valvuline to your supercharger?

regards,

Ruben
Alan Cooper

Re: Volumex oil.

Unread post by Alan Cooper »

there was a replacement for ZC90 which I presume would suit but I cannot remember what it is called some dealers in the UK still have small stocks of ZC90 for instance Walkers had some when I was last up there you could try fiat dealers in spain you might be lucky. The most significant thing with ZC90 is that it is a non-EP gear oil that is not extreme pressure which will make many readily available gear oils unsuitable or at least not to original specification. I e-mailed the technical help department at Mobil about this and their advice was that a modern 75/90 would not neccessarily be suitable as it would be thinner at low temperatures and that an engine oil would be more appropriate but standard mobil one would be too thin so their best suggestion was to use mobil one racing which is 15w-50 according to them a close viscosity match to ZC90
Hamish

Re: Volumex oil.

Unread post by Hamish »

I concur with Alans advice; Tutela ZC90 still the best and still available from all Fiat dealers - at a price. ZC90 still used in Bravo/Brava, maybe even in Stilo?

Return to “61 Beta, Beta spider, Beta Zagato, Trevi”