VX COUPE

CD's with workshop manuals, parts book and other documentation
BETA BUYER

VX COUPE

Unread post by BETA BUYER »

Can anyone tell me if the doors between an HPE and coupe are interchangeable? I have acquired a coupe which needs a passenger door and have been told of a HPE being broken for spares. Does anyone have info on tuning VX cars? Stainless steel exhausts? Anything!!
Don't have e-mail but please leave message on this thread!
alan cooper

Re: VX COUPE

Unread post by alan cooper »

the doors are different from the window frame up but the skins are the same as far as i know as it is possible (if you are very dedicated ) to fit the coupe window frame to hpe doors.be carefull with stainless exhausts as you must buy top quality to ensure satisfactory results many are made at a competitive price by using thinner metal than the original mild steel and /or do not have good enough quality internals to last very long before they sound horrid.
Beta buyer

Unread post by Beta buyer »

I'm having problems getting an exhaust at all, those suppliers who have them want to charge a bloody fortune. Stainless (although even more expensive!) seems the way to go, although as I cut out more and more rust from the car a stainless exhaust goes down the shopping list priorities...
Thanks for advice regarding doors, turns out the HPE was even more rotten than my coupe!
alan cooper

Unread post by alan cooper »

i don't know where you are but if in england i would recommend p.d.gough of nottingham for stainless exhausts quality is impossible to fault i had one on my (then) dedra turbo which they made by cutting open and copying my original.they copied everything including double skinning of the rear box.i used that exhaust for 40000miles and it was as good when i sold the car as when it was first fitted.expensive but a sound investment
Beta buyer

Unread post by Beta buyer »

North of the border! Am going to attempt to get a local firm to have a go, watch this space. Thanks for info, if I have no luck up here I'll give them a try.
mark jamieson

Unread post by mark jamieson »

Hi there Beta buyer

The answer to your question is yes you can interchange the doors from an HPE to a coupe as the bottom of the door is the same all you need to do is weld the old window frame of your coupe door into your HPE door.

Any probs

E-mail me
Gaz Thomas

Unread post by Gaz Thomas »

The London Exhaust Company supply the middle and rear sections of the exhaust in Stainless with a 25 year guarantee off the shelf for my '75 Beta Spyder (They won't supply the front pipe as these are apparantly of a poor design and have a tendency to break) Have a look at their website (http://www.quicksilverexhausts.com) and see if your model is available - They are (unfortunately) based in London but will supply wherever.

Best of Luck

Gaz

Beta buyer wrote:
>
> North of the border! Am going to attempt to get a local firm
> to have a go, watch this space. Thanks for info, if I have no
> luck up here I'll give them a try.

Return to “61 Beta, Beta spider, Beta Zagato, Trevi”