cross-compatibility between Beta, 2000 & Flavia coupes?

CD's with workshop manuals, parts book and other documentation
rch427

cross-compatibility between Beta, 2000 & Flavia coupes?

Unread post by rch427 »

Can anyone knowledgeable about such things tell me if there is much cross-compatibility between the Beta Coupe, Beta Zagato, 2000 coupe and Flavia coupe? I'm curious if Flavia wheels will fit on the Betas, if Flavia seats will bolt-on to Beta mounts/rails -- that sort of thing.

I'm planning to get a Beta Zagato, but I greatly prefer the seats, dashboard, and perforated disc wheels of the Flavia, and the bumpers and grille of the 2000 coupe, to those on the Beta Zagato. To me, the best-of-both-worlds car would be based upon a Beta Zagato for the top-down option (well, targa-top down, anyway) but aesthetically as much like the Flavia coupe as possible, inside and out. Yeah, it's an eccentric project, and probably an insult to purists. Sorry.

Any info about that kind of parts compatibility would be appreciated.

Cheers --
Robert
Pierre VALLADE

Re: cross-compatibility between Beta, 2000 & Flavia coupes?

Unread post by Pierre VALLADE »

Robert,

The disc wheels of 2000 coupé are different of those of the Beta family.
The 2000 (and Flavia) wheels have a distance between holes of 130 mm, while for the Beta it's 98 mm.

Regarding the bumper, the Lancia 2000 coupé bumper is very difficult to find. Im looking for a pair since several years for my own Lancia 2000 coupe.
Notice that the Flavia 2000 coupe bumper can be used on a Lancia 2000 coupe. Not sure at all about the Beta Family.

Another point : the Lancia 2000 is a Lancia car of the Pesenti period. The Beta from the Fiat period.

Pierre
rch427

Unread post by rch427 »

Thank you for the information, Pierre!

I was familiar with the Fiat takeover in 1969, but I thought that the Flavia coupes continued unchanged throughout their model-life (until 1971?), and that the 2000 coupes continued on the same platform until 1974. The Beta coupe came along in 1973, if I recall correctly. Was it not built on the same frame as the Flavia/2000? (I understand that the subframe and engine were new.)

Either way, it looks like I will need to adjust my plans, if there is no interchangeability between components. I'm set on the Beta Zagato for its convertible option. If that means I can't use Flavia/2000 components to capture some of the aesthetics of the earlier models, I may just have to look to aftermarket or customized options.
Pierre VALLADE

Unread post by Pierre VALLADE »

Robert,

You are right. The Lancia 2000 was produced some years afer the Fiat takeover, without changes . The Lancia 2000 coupé (1971-1973) is very similar to the Flavia 2000 coupé (1969-1971). The Lancia 2000 coupé was produced till the Beta coupé (1600 and 1800) to be available (1974). The same thing occured with the Fulvia coupé till the Beta coupé 1300 (1976). In the same time, the Fulvia sedan stopped in 1972 when the Beta sedan became available.

In any case, Lancia 2000 and Beta are two different cars. Platform, engine, gearbox, steering, brakes, seats, dashboard, are fully different
I have both (Beta HPE and Coupé 2000).

Pierre.

Return to “61 Beta, Beta spider, Beta Zagato, Trevi”