Event of Great Historical Importance in Belgium

Information exchange about FIVA and other historic rallies, rally equipment, tips, navigator wanted, driver wanted etc etc
gamma a.i.

Event of Great Historical Importance in Belgium

Unread post by gamma a.i. »

spaitalia in Spa BE - 28-29 April

will anyone attend other than a hoard of Gammisti Nutsos ?

see lanciagammaforum.com for link & more important news from the wierd&wackyworld of Gammania !

yes, I've registered to motor west - but not on Route 66. From Heidelberg DE to Spa BE should be 4 hours of trouble-free motoring west - if they no-longer-there border guards let me across the (no longer existant) DE - BE border ...

I am planning to leave many hours in advance for the "jes in caso scenario"; cause ya neva neva know what might happen in an ol' Lancia (or any other old vehicle) traveling west
gamma a.i.

Re: Event of Great Historical Importance in Belgium

yes, I am / we are excited- in-advance - for we are going to Spa---in a Lancia Gamma - to meet other International Gammisti, Lancisti & whatever riff-raff italo-cars also show-up at Spaitalia ! ho ho - ha ha; I'll probably drool on some of them 'other Cars' & still be quite happy that I don't own any "really expensive to buy/own/drive" Italo rarities any longer.

Be that as it may - our Gold-Bug Gamma S1 Cpe was in an adandoned in-a-dry-corner state-of-neglect once cold-weather arrived in SW Germany. For it was no longer was swapped every 2d day with our RedWihiteBlue FSZ - which was also in a similar state-of-decline ... oh my hvns, there is some dust on the precious-metal .... type decline) over the 4 weeks of real winter that we softies suffered in 2012.

I guess what I am saying is that in winter 2011/2012 there was no state-of-lancialess despression like in all other recent winters... for our little Lancia collection are not salt/sleet/snow-creatures. This non-winter winter allowed Lancia driving almost daily ! ! ! ! I actually drove our now-sold Citroen Ami8 on the real cold-days; it is great on ice...since it is so slow !!

Its heater system is "dressing like Ed Hilary climbing Everest" heating; for the 4 miles to the office daily & back to a wind-blown covered-parking, filled with BMW & Porsche (not mine!)

Getting ready for the 1st real "Gamma-Trip" of 2012 - starting in 5 days - it meant getting a fine-fettle state-of-tune (silent-running, no vibration) + replacing rather-porous looking fuel-lines & various grelated askets, filters et al; so as to not relive the excitement of the 2010 Gamma Fuel-Fed Flame-Out, which ´would have been more-serious if not for quick- action by folks I never saw before nor since ! Thanks Guys, also for towing the car 1km back to the barn !
More Gamma prep - replacing various falling-off original joint rubber-boots, disassembling & rebuilding the brake-calpiers, replacing brtake pads; oil, water hoses, PS hose & reservoir & who know what stuff done by a Gamma.Man (a rare & dangerous breed !)

Yup, it is smarrt to have a few 'parts-source-gamma' in the barn - of which there are now 3 in the barn; the 2 Bernina are now stacks, pallets, boxes of various-parts, glass, interior, wheels, motors & trans & panels etc ! Thanks to Micheal & Alfred !! Gamma-Man Michael will revive #3, a S2 Cpe (poor deluded fool!) to its full-glory.

& yes, should any more "free-of-charge Gamma" pop-up locally, we will take it / them !

In any case .... Team Gold-Gamma depart on Friday for a 4 hour liesurly drive up the hilly Rhein-Vally - then over to the low hills of Belgium....where the Sun Will Shine !!
gamma a.i.

Re: Event of Great Historical Importance in Belgium

OH YES; it is time to report shortly on Spa-Italia in short form:
via the Eyes of "Corporate Sponsored - Team Gamma Gold & Green

we went, we survived, we returned

after a lot of unsupervised but intelligent / safe / exciting track-time
most cars in our (street) category were not really racing ... but us still trying:

a) to not get passed by Ital cars that we should not have been passed by; we were able to do this; usually !
b) to pass Ital cars that we should have been able to pass (see * below)
c) to stay up with Gamma** ! from UK; IT, NL & us (USA via DE) ...
** Gam that we should have easliy been able to stayed up with.... ahem.... Gam that I did not keep up, for which I have many weak-excuses !
d) to welcome all big hairy fast Ital cars, incl hoards of hairy little fast Abarth - of all size & color - both newer & older Abarth, to pass our non-racing Gam without us blocking any of them.......too much (ha ha ha)

my my my them real racing Abarth are F A S T

e) to drive smooth clean lines, to brake not too early norbrake not too late, to keep eyes on all 3 mirrors all the time ..to keep mind on the track...to keep eyes on the dozens of other cars on the track & on the camera men that were standing in every corner shooting photos of every car every lap; photos that were for sale some minutes later
f) to not do anything stupid while have a ball & not really racing anyone else !
g) to not forget keep applying sun-blockers...since it was sunshine all the way !! Thank You Lord !!

What a Track !
A challenge a minute, no lap the same as the previous
oh my oh my...
if we only had another 100HP !
and better brakes !
and and and.........

Our Top Speed was 120kph, which may seem slow---however behind the wheel on the track 120kph from 140HP was fast enough for us rookies !!
We did some kinky-sections flat-out - 2 wheel in the grass stuff - while smiling about our great driving skill s!

other funfunfun parts:

damp cold 180° corners with early AM fog

the expected blind 90° r / l / r turns on lap 1 - causing all of us in Gamma to reconsider our prefered-driving-line "on the spot" (no 1 went off track though).
PS: the 1st blind turn occurs immediately after flying over a blind peak .... which lightens the suspension in a hurry....not for getting that what goes up will come down...quick & hard !!

quik quik run around the car quikquikquik driver-switch - in a safe-spot - so the passenger could have fun too

She say that she did. I say that she did it well.

* yes, even passing several off-track big hairy scary monster Ital Cars that had decided to cut some fancy new lines in & out of corenrs... via grass & lots of flying gravel ... !!!

Wow----Gold Gamma passes out of controll spining Red Pantera in a 120° bend; avoids it & then stays ahead !!

as expected:
great Lancia crowd, great Lancia ambiente, great Track-Assistants everywhere around the track...

as expected: jam-packed Lancia-Only parking area, lot of old Lancia friends, many laffs, many different Lancia; good food at low price; cars & Teamas from almost everywhere around Europe.........

as expected: many multi-colored lovely Alfa, Fer, Mas, DeT, Lam etc etc etc

We will give the Event 10 of 10 points; we definately look forward to attending in the future !!

In a Flying little hairy Fulvia !

Return to “20 Historic Rallies on Lancia”