another Lancia Event Alsasce 2012

Information exchange about FIVA and other historic rallies, rally equipment, tips, navigator wanted, driver wanted etc etc
gamma a.i.

another Lancia Event Alsasce 2012

Unread post by gamma a.i. »

see: http://www.lancia-heritage.com/ in French

long correspondence; shortened text

Von: John Gordon 28. Juli 2012 An: 'chris.ar.breizh@neuf.fr' AW: 6th Delta World Champion

THANK YOU CHRISTOPHE !

I'M THRILLED THAT U R HAVING THIS EVENT SO CLOSE TO HEIDELBERG GERMANY

WE WILL ATTEND IN FUL-SPORT OR GAM, NOT IN OUR LANCIA Y !

JG

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
chris.ar.breizh@neuf.fr [mailto:chris.ar.breizh@neuf.fr] 27. Juli 2012 John : 6th Delta World Champion

Hello John G,
as you wished it two years ago, there is a meeting near Strasbourg to commemorate Lancia titles (72-92).
Not far from you; with a very attractive price. Hope to see you.
Integrally
Christophe RIO (vice-president Lancia Heritage)

Tous vos emails en 1 clic avec l'application SFR Mail sur iPhone et Android - En savoir plus.

========================================

21/10/2010 De : "John Gordon " A : chris.ar.breizh@neuf.fr Sujet : AW: Ralley ???

ref 2010 Winter Meeting

oh my heavens
it is in cold-weather -at least driving through the Montana- enroute to SW France from SW Germany
it is 1100km away from Heidelberg
there are no Ryanair flites to any city close tothe Meet, so that I can step off a plane into a Grale !!! !

It would take 1 full day to arrive & 1 full day to return & 3 days to recover

please plan an event near Strassbourg, so Team Magic can take part

In any case, I will not have any Holiday in Nov !

Thank any way & have a Great Ralley

Johnny & Team - 1 Fulvia, 1 Y & 3 Gamma !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
chris.ar.breizh@neuf.fr [mailto:chris.ar.breizh@neuf.fr] 21. Oktober 2010 John Ralley ???

J Gordon,

you could find all informations in attached file. Hope to meet you.

Integrally Christophe RIO (Lancia Heritage)
gamma a.i.

Re: 1st Lancia (Fulvia Fkavia et a´l Event Alsasce 2012

not to forget the Viva Lancia Always Fun Meeting in Sep ; as posted by Huib (by me shortened, modified, tuned for speed text)

Fulvia Flavia Flaminia etc Meeting Sep. 7 - 9 Sep. 2012.
start in Belgian Ardennes on Friday down to Alsace France & beyond.

All nationalities are welcome.

See the Calendar for more details. [www.viva-lancia.com]

I, Fulvia - Gama Johnny add:
it isn't necessary to arrivee only in a F F F or - I'd guess to arrive in a Lancia l - if the Lancia is broke or is parked too far away to drive from.

Various Gam, Beta M-Carlo, Intergrale Drivers in their Lancia have attended in past years - from FR; IT, USA (me/us), DE (me / us & others), UK, JP (yup!), CH; Senegal (I believe) & where ever else I've forgotten + of course - the great BeNeLux Lancia-Rowdys !!!!!!!!!!!!
gamma a.i.

not to forget the Viva Lancia Always Fun Meeting in Sep ; as posted by Huib (by me shortened, modified, tuned for speed text)

Fulvia Flavia Flaminia etc Meeting Sep. 7 - 9 Sep. 2012.
start in Belgian Ardennes on Friday down to Alsace France & beyond.

All nationalities are welcome.

See the Calendar for more details. [www.viva-lancia.com]

I, Fulvia - Gamma Johnny add:
it isn't necessary to arrivee only in F F F or - I'd guess, in a Lancia at all - if the Lancia is broken or too far away to drive from.

Various Gamm, M-Carlo, Intergrale Drivers in their Lancia have attended in past years, from as far away as FR
(in France) ; IT, USA (me/us), DE (me / us & others), UK, JP, CH; Senegal (I believe) & where ever else I have forgotten + of course - great BeNeLux Lancia-Rowdys !!!!!!!!!!!!
gamma a.i.

Gamma a.i. writing as Fulvia a.i. writes:

Team RWB FSZ arrived in Graufthal from the east without mishaps. just as others were arriving from N & W

yes...in another lost valley::: this year with perfectly cear directional signs to arrivine in right village.

A lovely place Graufthal is; ancient & mysterious, with its sandstone-cliff Cave-Dwellings that were actually occupied until rather recently & are now a walk-through Museum,

There is fresh water-tap for 24 hours a day water coming right out of the sandstone cliffs surrounding the village; provided mineral water to all for free & feeding 2 mid-calf depth wading-pools for refreshing "Walks in the Water / instant deep cooling of all blood in system".

The sandstone cliffs provided us (those energetic to climb them) with semi-challenging asents / easy-decents ... on chiseled-out steps of course.

As always, the event-organization was top; Hotel was singularly lovely; the big-portion(s) Eatery (same building as Hotel)) was incredible, as was the supply of lovely never ending wine........

as Xpected - the roads traveled were oh my my exciting....

A sudden loss of power on day 2 for a particular RWB FSZ occured was a cause of concern ! Right after a low-speed never-ending very-careful period spent passing of hundreds of bicyclists on a narrow 2 way downhill road traveled by all participating after visiting a Castle-Ruin löcated at the tippy-top of a sandstone (what else?) mountain... a very nice place to take a breath & a leg-stretch break it was; after an slip & slide climb up !

phew ....the power loss was cured with 4 new plugs.........

I say thanks to you to all who assisted in getting plugs-changes / power-back during the lunch break just in time to sprint back to the hotel for a hike in the hills & previous to a next AM relaxed-cruise at medium / high speed sometimes under full-power (keep them plugs clean !) eastward-bound across the Rhein - toward home; while the otherintredid teams continued on to day 3, deeper west into bon La France...

great 2 C many young friends ! & some new friends too !

Return to “20 Historic Rallies on Lancia”