Great Day at Spa Francochamp

Information exchange about FIVA and other historic rallies, rally equipment, tips, navigator wanted, driver wanted etc etc
gamma a.i.

Great Day at Spa Francochamp

Unread post by gamma a.i. »

well, a little report about 2 days on a big fast race track in the Ardennes, Belgium
Team Magic-Gamma / numerous other Gamma Teams from many Euro Lands certainly showed their lesser (Lancia) friends just how fine a GT the Gamma etcetc blah blah en so hon & sew forth;).

The pre-event steady stream of news-updates...do's & dont's....instructional-tips ... the kitchen sink.... could not have been finer.& was a boon in arriving at the track prepared & then surviving.

Trip from Saarlouis Germany up & over to Vevriers Belgique via a little corner of Lux - through i huge tinnel... on superb traffic-free A, B & C roads was smooth sailing, even in the dark on roads with no directioal signs but lots of fog & rain in all countries - with low average speed - with great gas-mileage ... was smooth sailing; no wrong turns were made, although numerous traffic-circles were rounded & rounded !

No sat nav nor maps required !

finding Verviers with a certain absence of signs point thereto .... well...we knew where it was; still we did make a few educated guesses about where to exit & wher to not exit...while laffin ho ho ho ho as we proceeded ....in antipication of cold Belgian Beer & a warm bed.

finding Hotel in rain - more fun at 22:00 - taking 1 or 5 (long or short) cuts down 1 way Rue ... oops ... perhaps in wrong direction?
more fun & laffs !!

Lovely Hotel next to main-station - as we were assured it would be.

Beer was cokld, bed was warm !

Food - plentfiul & excellent

getting to the Track early next AM; being immediately ushured by smiling marshals directly onto the track with no briefíng about anything...thnk hvns with warm tires & oils in our various Italo (only) Gems......I N C R E D I B L E ! Arrive & Drive the Track !!!!

Incredible for both Team Magic Gamma drivers.......many many laps; passing few; & being passed by many..... WATTA THRILL !

The Track itself.........well, 1/2 of Team (me) was very happy to not be in a faster car......... other 1/2 has yet to stop smiling in amazment at the challenge with no time to tj´hink about it & acutally mastering it ... unscathed !!

US NOT BELIEVING THAT IT WAS US ACTUALLY DRIVING THIS TRACK ....ONNA WET SURFACE ...

at high (for Gamma) speed!!!

WOT ?

dry-lines soon burned into pavement by hot-cars.... thnk hvns !

No rain when we were driving but fheater full-on !

no mishaps anywhere by anyone !

rest of day in/at Lancia-Reserved VIP Car-Park ... hours of wonderful small-talk with warm-hearted Lancia friends ....ol & nu... then more track time (Lancia only!)

in the parking-Lot we were falling over in Joy ! so many multi-colored Lancia jewels to drool over....we wonteventrytotellyou that we wished we had oodles of money- 2 burn & a huge garage for more toys.... many many Lancia friends for past events !

Today AM...totally unexpected additional track time...again Lancia only....well behaved drivers being accurate & polite....no fists shaken, no bent metal !

trip hom we was on cloud 99 !!

Wished you were there !

Return to “20 Historic Rallies on Lancia”