Fulvia paint codes

CD's with documentationElectronic distributor
oldracer

Fulvia paint codes

Unread post by oldracer »

Evening all. I'm an ex-member who has rejoined thanks to the acquisition of a slightly tatty but solid S2 berlina.

Along with minor fettling inside and under the bonnet it needs attention to the driver's side wing and door tops, and will therefore need repainting.

It's in the original dark red, which I believe is 'York Red' although I'm happy to be corrected. Does anyone know the modern code, if there is one, and does anyone still supply the paint?

Much obliged.
bmarler

Re: Fulvia paint codes

Unread post by bmarler »

there's always a way to match the paint. if no other means is available take a small part of the car (fuel door maybe) to your local autopaint supplier so they can scan it and make up a matching paint in whatever formulation you want to use.
this is fairly common in the us where i'm at, but must be common in other parts of the world. not sure where you're at.
i think i've seen the paint code listed for rosso york somewhere, but it's hard to say if it could be translated to modern paint systems.
oldracer

Unread post by oldracer »

Sounds like a plan, thank you.

Assuming the workshop does a good job I'm debating whether to get the roof painted the same colour. At the moment it's white, which I somehow doubt is original as I've never seen a two-tone Fulvia but again happy to be corrected.

Interestingly, failure to start this weekend was down to a dud battery which was barely 6m old. Took it back to Halfords and they replaced it free of charge. Car started fine and the following day made its debut at the Haynes Museum breakfast meeting.
Ed Levin

Unread post by Ed Levin »

Rosso York is Glasurit LAN 205 (this is Glasurit's old code system, but any Glasurit dealer can translate it to their new system). No Fulvia left the factory two-tone.

Return to “65 Fulvia”