S1 headlight units - are LHD and RHD the same?

CD's with documentationElectronic distributor
lancia7550

S1 headlight units - are LHD and RHD the same?

Unread post by lancia7550 »

One of my outer headlights on my S1 coupe (RHD) turned a bit yellow so I am looking to replace it (or both sides) with another original Siem unit. There are a few new ones available on ebay etc in Europe but I am not sure if LHD and RHD units are the same (the light only, not the "cup"). I can see in the parts book the American cars were different but it is not that clear on the rest and whether it refers to the light or cup. Does anyone have info/ experience with this?
lancia7550

Re: S1 headlight units - are LHD and RHD the same?

Unread post by lancia7550 »

Picture attached.
Attachments
20211016_165251_compress52.jpg
Pierre VALLADE

Re: S1 headlight units - are LHD and RHD the same?

Unread post by Pierre VALLADE »

Hi,

The issue is not exactly if it's a LHD or RHD car, but if the driving side of the road is rigth (Italy, France, Germany etc.) or left (UK, Japan etc).
Normally, there is an identification of the country by a letter "E" followed by a number in a circle on the glass. For the UK the identification is "E11".

Below a link to Wikipedia with the identification of all countries. Sorry for the french language.

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marquage_ ... u%20cercle.

On the drawing attached, the top images for driving on the rigth side of the road, on the bottom images for driving on the left side.
So, depending of the country, the outer headligth units are not the same . No problem for the inner headlights (high beam)

Hope this helps.

Pierre.
Attachments
image.jpg

Return to “65 Fulvia”