How to torque cylinder block bolts?

CD's with documentationElectronic distributor
Aris64

How to torque cylinder block bolts?

Unread post by Aris64 »

During disassembly of cylinder block from crankcase I noticed that only open spanner can be used in most of the bolts due to engine's design not allowing the use of torque spanner. Even my set of crow-feet keys cannot be used. Apart from fabricating some tool (the end of open spanner key adapted somehow to the torque spanner) is there any other method to be used?

Thanks
Huib
Site Admin

Re: How to torque cylinder block bolts?

Unread post by Huib »

tools for torquing.jpg
Here the tools I made. The error is small. If you want to correct for it the formula is in the Flavia book.

When making this post I get a new idea. Welding a 13 mm socket and a 17 mm socket together may also do the job. If it does you can grind some off the opposite side of the 13"socket to get rid of the interference with the cylinder block.
racing

Unread post by racing »

IMG_1591.jpg
IMG_1590.jpg
I use this one.

You can change the tool.

Only the 3 screws at the gearboxside are not so easy.

regards Andreas
racing

Unread post by racing »

Aris64

Unread post by Aris64 »

Huib wrote: 16 Sep 2021, 16:49 tools for torquing.jpg

Here the tools I made. The error is small. If you want to correct for it the formula is in the Flavia book.

When making this post I get a new idea. Welding a 13 mm socket and a 17 mm socket together may also do the job. If it does you can grind some off the opposite side of the 13"socket to get rid of the interference with the cylinder block.
My idea was very similar, so far so good. Thank you all for your contribution!

Return to “65 Fulvia”