Sump Capacity

CD's with documentationElectronic distributor
phill

Sump Capacity

Unread post by phill »

Hi,
Would the sump on a Fulvia 3 Monte-Carlo be different to a normal 1.3S? My handbook states a capacity of 4.3 litres but I have put 4.4 litres in so far and it is still below the max mark. Or maybe it is the oil filter? I have fitted a Mann W940/1 - is that bigger than an original filter would have been?
Huib
Site Admin

Re: Sump Capacity

Unread post by Huib »

Hi Phill

That should be it, the 4.4 liter. Half a liter for the filter included.

Is the car reasonably level?
phill

Unread post by phill »

OK, thanks Huib - yes the car is level. I'll leave at the 4.4 litres then if that is correct.
Learjet

Unread post by Learjet »

Hi
I also have an Alfa S2 spider. The previous owner spent a fortune in trying to cure an oil leak. After many thousands of pounds it was discovered that the dip stick tube was 4cm too long so the dipstick seriously under-read, the full mark was + 2 litres so oil was being forced out everywhere, but mainly up the dipstick tube.
Check something as basic as this, but I agree that putting the correct quantity of oil in is the best empirical method to calibrate your dipstick.
lancia7550

Unread post by lancia7550 »

I once had a Fulvia dipstick where the cap part came loose and could slide along the dipstick. That yielded some confusing measurements! Welded it back in place where the old weld mark was and all was good again.

Return to “65 Fulvia”