Oil Filters

CD's with documentationElectronic distributor
phill

Oil Filters

Unread post by phill »

Hi,
Sorry me again! Now looking at oil filters. Have seen that the Mann W940/1 is listed as having 1 anti return valve with an opening pressure of 1.2 bar. Another filter that apparently fits is a Mann W940/20 that has 2 anti return valves that open at 2.5 bar. Is this stuff important or will either do? Or is there just too much information on the internet?!
marnix

Re: Oil Filters

Unread post by marnix »

I have experience with those (at least one of those, not sure anymore which one). I do not recommend them. The valve(s) is (are) intended to keep the oil in the filter when the engine is shut down, so that oil pressure will return more quickly when the engine is started as the oil filter is already full. They do keep the oil in for a while, but after some time they let the oil seep trough (oil is very creepy). But the bad thing is they introduce an additional resistance, and the oil pressure gauge gives noticeable less indicated pressure. I worry most at idle really, not sure if oil pressure will be high enough to open the valve sufficiently. Oil pressure indicator gives zero (I have a very good renewed oil pump). Now, zero indication is not very reliable in the Fulvia, and there is still some pressure, but how much?

I am not convinced it is a good idea really...
phill

Unread post by phill »

OK, many thanks - what do you recommend then?
marnix

Unread post by marnix »

The traditional oil filters for the Fulvia can still be found, no issue there. There is as far as I know not one brand that gives better quality. If in doubt, I can pass you a few types. Ebay will certainly have them, but I didn't look recently.
georges2

Unread post by georges2 »

Hi there
I am not a skilled man at all, just using Mann w940/1 for several years without any trouble on my Rallye 1300 S
The copy of factory manual gives Falco, Carello or Tecnocar filters
This document shows different models according to the cars with or without oil radiator
I remember to have used Tecnocar filters several years ago, but hard to find now.
May be there are different qualities ?
By typing "tecnocar fulvia" you find R65 model which seems to be right. But not available immediately
Good luck
georges2

Unread post by georges2 »

Tecnocar R65 available on ebay Belgium 10 euros + transport + (taxes (Brexit !) ????

Return to “65 Fulvia”