Differences Fulvia Zagato 1,3 - 1,3s ?

CD's with documentationElectronic distributor
redelephant

Differences Fulvia Zagato 1,3 - 1,3s ?

Unread post by redelephant »

Hello,

The first series of the Fulvia Sport Zagato was sold both as 1,3 and 1,3s. Does anyone know the exact differences between the 2 models?
Enginenr? 818 303 or 818 302?
Hope someone can help,

Best regards and thanks

Benedikt
Huib
Site Admin

Re: Differences Fulvia Zagato 1,3 - 1,3s ?

Unread post by Huib »

Right.

818.302 engine for the 1.3

818.303 engine for the 1.3S
bmarler

Unread post by bmarler »

don't forget there is also a 1.2 version of the series one sport. i don't have the production figures for each variant but the information is known. aside from the engine differences there is also the matter of steel vs aluminum body panels. i think the 1.3s is a bit later and am not sure if any of those have the aluminum body.
to add to the confusion there is also a sort of series 1-1/2 where there is a blend of the series one steel body with the series two engine and five speed transmission.
Radman

Unread post by Radman »

Hi,
new member here. I have a 1972 FulviaSport Zagato which was subject to total restoration, now almost finished.
During the strip of the bodywork it was discovered that the car has one aluminium skinned door, the other is steel as the rest of the body.

We could not find evidence of accident damage to indicate a replacement so we are wondering if somehow the car was built like this.

Regards,
Jem
bmarler

Unread post by bmarler »

zagato tended to use whatever might be laying about so it's not impossible to have mixed metals from when it was produced.
but by 1972 i think all the aluminum panels had been used up at zagato. of course there may be some inaccuracy of build year for the car as some were listed by year sold. a serial number may show a different production date range.
it's also possible the door was re-skinned at some point. you can have the original door frame with a skillfully applied replacement skin and not really see any sign of previous damage.

Return to “65 Fulvia”