Fulvia S1 tach drive leak.

CD's with documentationElectronic distributor
Krafty5260

Fulvia S1 tach drive leak.

Unread post by Krafty5260 »

[attachment=0]tach drive.jpg[/attachment][attachment=0]tach drive.jpg[/attachment]It's almost a parable that one project begets another. While under the Fulvia for the tie rod project, I found a drip from the Y-pipe off the exhaust header. The source was easy to identify, it's the tachometer drive (S1). At an earlier age, I'd just take this all apart and worry about getting it back together next year. Age has demonstrated to me the value of asking questions before jumping in. Has anyone done this job? What surprises, and/or special seals, etc. are needed? It seems pretty simple, but I refer back to my younger days, mentioned above. Thanks again. Michael Kraft, President, Tulsa, Oklahoma Lancia Fulvia Owner's Guild. Well, actually, mine is the only Fulvia in a 400 miles radius. The Guild members are my dog, Jenny, and me. :D
Attachments
tach drive.jpg
Huib
Site Admin

Re: Fulvia S1 tach drive leak.

Unread post by Huib »

There is an oil seal in the tach sender. Same seal as in the speedo sender on the gearbox.

Take off the tach cable. Then take off the part with the seal with the smaller hex nut. Or take out the complete sender witht he larger hex nut.

A bone for Jenny.

Return to “65 Fulvia”