NO lights!!

CD's with documentationElectronic distributor
Overknasten

NO lights!!

Unread post by Overknasten »

Fulvia Berlina S2

I have recently had a number of "sudden death" issues with the car. With no prior warning I had total cut of electric power. I managed to identify the problem to the rear window heater fuse!! replacing it solved it all. That was yesterday. This evening I was going to take "Her Majesty" for a ride, the car starts but now there is NO light at all. No clicking from any relays, nothing. I have looked carefully in the fusebox but I cant seem to find any bad fuses? I haven´t translated the writing on the lid yet so I don´t know which one to inspect.
Any ideas anyone? I´m not allowed to drive my car in DK at daylight without headlights on...………..

Br. Bjarke
Huib
Site Admin

Re: NO lights!!

Unread post by Huib »

Check the easiest first. That is the stalk with the switches. The metal case is the ground connection via the steering column. Is the ring clamping the metal case to the steering column still tight?
Overknasten

Checked this morning if anything miraculous had happened over night - nothing of course. Windscreen washer, windscreen wipers, direction indicators doesn´t work either.
I will disassemble, clean and tighten when I get home from work. Thanks.
Do you by any chance have a translation of the abbreviations on the fuse box?

Br. Bjarke
Overknasten

Hello again.
Yesterday I disasembled and clean around the 2 stalks on the steering coloum. At first I didnt get any consistent result but then I returned to the number 1 fuse(from left) which caused me all the "sudden death" problems and it seemed to be the problem once again. I sanded all the connector surfaces very thouroughly and adjusted the tension to the fuse some more and voila everyting is back in action!!!! I am a bit curious about the fact that it is only an 8amp. fuse but this is what was in it since???
There should be a big ATTENZIONE sign on this fuse giving the importance it apparently has.
Thanks a lot for pointing me in that direction - now I will take "La Donna" for a ride (with lights on)

Br. Bjarke

Return to “65 Fulvia”