fulvia sport 1970 paint code

CD's with documentationElectronic distributor
ph21

fulvia sport 1970 paint code

Unread post by ph21 »

Hi,
after having woke up the 72 fulvia, I'm now restoring a fulvia zagato1.3s (818.362, serial nr 2547). So it has been produced in 1970 .I'm not in a hurry , I first woke up the engine, no problems after 30 years sleeping... and now the car is stripped down, the body work is beginning.
The car was white painted at the factory, but painted again twice during his life with a Fiat white code wich is a little bit more yellow than the original paint .The original colour is still visible on the inner glass frames of the doors , never painted since new.
So my research , and question is for within sometime, when I will be ready to paint (not tomorrow...)
Someone knows what was the withe code of fulvia range in 1970?
Ed Levin

Re: fulvia sport 1970 paint code

Unread post by Ed Levin »

The white could either be "bianco Saratoga" (Glasurit LAN 170) or simply "Bianco" (Glasurit LAN 220). "Bianco Saratoga" is actually a very pale grey, while the plain "Bianco" is a very pale ivory. In decent light you can easily tell which is which by comparing it to a piece of bright white copy paper.
LanciaFin

Unread post by LanciaFin »

In case of my Flavia I sent a body part that had been protected from sun and elements to paint supplier. They mixed the paint according to that. My car is Bianco Saratoga, and the code of mixed paint was O-9-00010.500 in Mipa paint system. The later Bianco Saratoga (from '75 I guess) has different tone. In my case the white is a bit "blueish" when the later tone is more to red or grey.

Mipa is one of the cheaper suppliers - so far my experience has been good, but it has been only three years since painting - but if I recall correctly, Lechler has been converting old paint codes to new system for closer match. Old mixing recipes don't work with modern paint systems.

BR,
Miika
ph21

Unread post by ph21 »

Sorry for the very late answer, the restoration of the car take very much more time than initially expected...
I needeed to restore all the floor part behind the tank, including the extremities of the rear spring supports, , passenger and driver floors , sills, jack supports , inner boxes beetween wings and sills, etc etc... It's amazing to see how those cars were kickly made at the Zagato factory and how the zagato solution to seal the wings to the weells guards through a rubber lip bladly adjusted can create so much rust problems .I also understand why those sport chassis are less rigid than the factory coupé's.
So the paint code was not very urgent. Many thanks for the precise answers, I founded on a rare good panel the original paint , a very very light grey: so it was originaly painted in Bianco saratoga . After it was painted again during his life(x times) in a little yellow white.
I think I will paint it again in Bianco saratoga, even if I personnaly think this colour to be strange... :geek:
Ed Levin

Unread post by Ed Levin »

I checked the color references, and the Sport was indeed offered in [i]bianco Saratoga[/i], which I never would have guessed. I think you're absolutely right to repaint it the original color, particularly given how rare a color that was for the model.
ph21

Unread post by ph21 »

HI, 8-)
now the car is painted, in bianco saratoga, and when I look at the car, I'm more and more happy having chosen it's original colour.
A very beautifull white . Now I'm expecting the tires and have to finish the interior . I just have received the various rubbers from "cicognani" , front and rear screen, doors, etc. End of the month on the road again .

Return to “65 Fulvia”